• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When it's not alright to pass a "Cuban" cigar

Um...Besides your posts and those of others with more knowledge than me, how would I know. It is sort of the downfall of the whole thing. I don't know what one really looks likes, and if I've only been smoking fakes then the real thing would seem like the fake to me.

For example if you sent a cigar to me and told me it was authentic, having very limited experience in the matter, would have to except you at your word. Even if that means that it goes against what the facts are telling em. (I am not trying to imply that you should or would, just using it a point of reference.)

I guess my point is that as a newbie you have no real way to measure the validity of your cigar, you just lack the experience to make the distinction.

This is the crux of the issue in a nutshell...

But - Unfortunately - many do not subscribe to the philosophy that patience is a virtue, and true good experience is only gained through a sometimes lengthy, guided process...

There are those in this community that believe their inexperience shouldn't come in the way of their nirvana (i.e. quickly building a massive collection of something they wouldn't normally have access to). - and therein lies the problem created for everyone else as the inexperienced trade/sell/pass their wares.