• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When Reality Sets In...

DanTheMan

The Original - Except No Substitutes!!!
Well it's a Petron Tequila Friday night, and while prepping dinner reality hit like a ton of bricks... My daughter and her huz Humboldtflyer here at CP are no longer together, and probably sounds like for good. She has relocated back into California and they are now negotiating their divorce. But thru this I lost my Cigar Buddy, and have been smoking solo now anyway since they moved to Arizona from here in California. Now it seems permanent that I will be puffin' without the one who introduced me to this site. I still got my co-worker Aeroscott to try to hook up with, like perhaps this Thursday at our company Christmas dinner. The wife and kid smoke cigarettes but are usually done in about 2 minutes then running for the door.
I havent seen hide nor hair of Humboldtflyer since around September on here, but if your here J- Good Luck to ya and make the best of life whereever you land!

Sorry to hear about the turn of events with your daughter and Jadon Dan. You're taking it quite well considering the circumstances surrounding their split.

Sorry to hear about the turn of events with your daughter and Jadon Dan. You're taking it quite well considering the circumstances surrounding their split.
Thanks John- Its hard now keeping the "friendship" we had as men separate from the relationship he/we had as son-in-law, in-law, etc. It reminds me of my nephew that was only about 2 years younger than me, but all the time growing up, and thru school, after with families I still to this day can NOT remember having even the coarsest of words with him in any respect. That's a friendship beyond family...

I've been through a divorce with a son, and I know how hard things are going to be for Jadon. If there's anything I can do for him, I will.

Dan, it's been 8 years since I split with my ex-wife, and it was ugly. I no longer harbor ill will for her, but I miss her dad. We got along well, and he'd have been my cigar and pipe buddy today if the divorce hadn't made it difficult for us to continue the relationship in the midst of the divorce.

Sorry to hear about it. He's a good BOTL I know. I hope he's getting along ok.

Jadon is definitely a good guy and I certainly miss seeing him around here. I'll give you guys an example of things that go on behind the scenes that you never hear about. Jadon and I used to talk all the time when he was a regular here. I knew last year around this time, he was going through a tough patch financially. He owned a skate/surf shop in CA and my boy is into skateboarding so what a better way to help a friend out than to give him a little business. I talked to Jadon about what kind of skateboard Steven wanted and by no means was it going to be cheap to build because he has expensive taste when it comes to the components of a skateboard. So as I waited for Jadon to get back to me with a price on what Steven wanted, a few days after that, I get a package from Jadon. A custom Humboldt Boardz skateboard with a note from him telling me to wish Steven a Merry Christmas from him.

Divorces can be ugly and people can be projected as someone they really aren't, but Jadon was a good kid. I can't go into how his married life was, as I only how he was when we dealt with each other. Dan, I commend you for the way you're handling this because I can certainly understand a Father being 100% behind his daughter and trashing the soon to be ex making everything the son-in-laws fault....and it may be, but you certainly didn't lead it that way. I know you two had a great relationship and I'm sorry for the both of you that it won't be continuing.

Brian

Thanks for the sentiments guys, I think that we're always reminded at times of how easy it is to take for granted the friends and family we have and the things we've been given in life. For what ever reason, sometimes things go away and our lives change direction momentarily, but how we fare is probably I think dependent on how we react to those bumps in the road. My wife accuses me at times of being a bit uncaring and calloused, but I usually try to weigh things out until the very end giving everyone and everything the benefit of the doubt and most of the time everything works out for good.

I love everyone here at this site. I am very sorry for any pain I have caused you and your family Dan. I will always remember the great times we have had because of this community and the smokes and smiles we have shared. I wish things could have been different. My pain and scars from the past run much deeper than anyone can know. But I appreciate your love and friendship along the way.

To all my family here on this wonderful forum: You are all amazing people. I have never felt the acceptance and welcome in any other place. Times spent here have created memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you all for making me feel a part of it all...

I love everyone here at this site. I am very sorry for any pain I have caused you and your family Dan. I will always remember the great times we have had because of this community and the smokes and smiles we have shared. I wish things could have been different. My pain and scars from the past run much deeper than anyone can know. But I appreciate your love and friendship along the way.

To all my family here on this wonderful forum: You are all amazing people. I have never felt the acceptance and welcome in any other place. Times spent here have created memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you all for making me feel a part of it all...

Best of luck to you brother... I hope you aren't going to be a stranger on here! Keep your chin up high, and take it one day at a time. Surround yourself with friends who care for you, like us here at CP! :thumbs:

Good to hear from you Jadon! Dan shared with me, some of the details behind the split with his daughter in PM's. Just wanted you to know that he never showed any animosity, or ill will toward you. Nor did he make it seem like he wanted to lay blame. He seemed like the biggest concern was for the loss of a husband for his daughter, and a smoking buddy/friend. Everyone makes mistakes, and there are two sides to every story. Keep your chin up, and be there for the children. Any adult male can be a sperm donor, but only a man can be a father.

Yep- perhaps we'll smoke one at a virtual herf if ya ever are on when i'm on! Stay Safe!