• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When Will Cuba Invest in Cigars?

Eh, we haven't had much newb entertainment here in a while.

As far as Gary's original post, I think he's spot on. In the article, Robaina claims concrete floors were decisive to his crops not getting over humidified in the curing barns. Such a small thing, until it's not.

I actually think it is funny that people seem to question the wisdom of the Cuban Govermennt not investing more in their Cigar industry. We American's sometimes IMHO need to keep out noses, influence, military out of were it does not belong. We have enough of our own problem at home to fix.

Recently Warren Buffet who is a smart guy, know how to make money, bought a group of automotive dealerships. The experts at the L.A. Times who write Business News for the Times question Buffet wisdom in a story about Buffet's decision to buy the car dealerships, because of many current trends in the auto buying industry. Why did Buffet do it, what does Buffet know?

I wonder if the Times expert writers have any actually business experience, or just a business degree, and were that by a PHd a lot of degrees, but real no business experience.

As I understand it the Cuban cigar industry is owned by the Goverment of Cuba. Just maybe they are like the local small business man who someone keep tell to franchise, but he isw happy the way thing are with his little business the way is is running.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Cuban Cigars are like the very first Datsun "240 Z" cars, people are standing in line to buy them.

SurfnSafari: For the love of all things Holy...PLEASE stay on topic. I shifted gears in this thread to get away from you & those hammering you for your incessant rambling missives. So please, before posting, read what the other members are saying and go with the flow of the thread. Remember, all you have is an opinion, not the divine truth in all things cigars & life. Your correcting of established members who offer you polite, sage advice when you post something peculiar is embarrassing. What you have also failed to do since you arrived here is to respect the person that STARTS THE THREAD by adding a interesting tidbit in an interesting way. You don't have to act like a male dog and piss on everything written in order to make it your own. Pretty much everything you've brought up has been very hollow or...dare I say, condescending. What you fail to realize is that a good number of members here are very smart folks who have been smoking cigars a very long time. They've heard it all. I've been on cigar forums for 16 years, a member of CP for 10 years, and have been smoking cigar 40+ years...and I still consider myself a newb when it comes to those talking cigars here. It's great that you have an opinion, but try to state it in a coherent, concise manner.

To the members: This guy is distracting many here to the point of derailing a good number of threads. We now know that all the polite posts suggesting he adjust his course goes in one ear & out the other...and his lack of humility is on display with every response he writes. Ignore the guy if he aggravates you. This is not who we are.

PLEASE, we truly don't need to....

Eh, we haven't had much newb entertainment here in a while.

As far as Gary's original post, I think he's spot on. In the article, Robaina claims concrete floors were decisive to his crops not getting over humidified in the curing barns. Such a small thing, until it's not.
Exactly Bar...start with something as simple as pouring a concrete floor and shoring up the curing barns. The Cuban government can afford it.

Back to point 2: I started smoking cigars more seriously around 2007, got into Cuban cigars around 2009, really took off around 2010. My preferences have been towards cigars made between 2010 and now, have only had a handful of good cigars between 2000-2009 (most of these had either lost their flavor or just didn’t taste very good) and have never tried Cubans pre-2000.
Edit: lost track what point 2 was: in relation to non-Cubans, I find Cubans to have a better flavor profile after my palate developed and I moved towards more medium bodied smoke versus the powerhouse Nicaraguan smokes I started with. The main flavor I’m looking for is that creamy fresh-cut grass/hay flavor.