• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which cutter Palio or Xikar ?

jkoj

I have a beautiful XiKar Xi3 redwood cutter and I'm thinking of picking up a spare cutter.Yes I only have one cutter.I really like the looks of the Palio carbon fiber.Do you BOTLs have a preference one way or another?Are the Palios easier to use?I like how the Xikar has lifetime sharpening.Anyway if anyone is thinking of selling a used Palio feel free to pm me, maybe we can work something out.

I've had both.....I bought a Palio after my Xikar and never looked back....hell I can't even find my Xikar anymore, and I don't care.

My black nylon/plastic(?) Palio is the best of all the other cutters I've bought including Xicar, Swiss Army, etc.

Dan

Palio or Xikar....??

65% or 70%...??

Cut, or punch....??

Beads or foam....??

Cello on, or cello off.....??

UseSearch.gif

Try clipping the cap of with your teeth.

Ok - I have both...I use the Palio more often!

hahaha, that pic is priceless! I only own an Xicar however, and I like it alot. However after a ton of threads I might have to pick up a palio or two!

Don

....so, I broke down and bought a Palio. My Xikar is three+ years old. I've used them both. They are both good, with very different ergonomics.

I still like my Xikar, but promise to try them both for a while. Is one a clear winner..??...not from where I sit.

They are both high quality, sharp as heck, and will likely serve you for a lifetime. Buy the one that "floats your boat" and you won't be disappointed.

One point, no matter which one you end up with; clean them...!! They'll both gunk up with tobacco oils over a short time and a good cleaning with some alcohol will bring either of them back to primo operating condition. I think a lot of guys miss this important point and wonder how many cutters are dissed only because they need a good cleaning...... :cool:

Choose the tool that makes you happy; you won't lose with either of these fine cigar tools.

Cheers, BOTL's - B.B.S.

Palio or Xikar....??

65% or 70%...??

Cut, or punch....??

Beads or foam....??

UseSearch.gif

TFF

Try clipping the cap of with your teeth.

Ok - I have both...I use the Palio more often!

I agree with Gary on this one... teeth or thumbnail work every bit as good as my Xicar or my Palio. Seriously, though, my favorite cutter and lighter is YOURS. ;) :thumbs:

I've owned Xikar for quite some time. I've tried the Palio and never had a chance to pick one up...

I think I will now.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I think I'll have to go to Schlesinger's Thursday evening and try them both. I'll get back with you sometime this Friday if not the weekend........ :whistling: :thumbs: :cool:

Palio or Xikar....??

65% or 70%...??

Cut, or punch....??

Beads or foam....??

UseSearch.gif

OK, That is pretty funny.Point takin.I guess I will have to pick up a Palio in the near future.A local shop has the burlwood for $55.I know I could probably get cheaper online but after shipping it will be close.Thanks again guys and again Blinded that was good I am humbled :laugh:

OK, That is pretty funny.Point takin.I guess I will have to pick up a Palio in the near future.A local shop has the burlwood for $55.I know I could probably get cheaper online but after shipping it will be close.Thanks again guys and again Blinded that was good I am humbled :laugh:
jkoj - just a friendly little reminder.... :laugh:

Most of these topics have been discussed over and over in the past. Point being that there's a wealth of knowledge already here for the taking, if a person looks for it..... :cool:

For your cutter, give Mark over at Cigarmony a spin. He's a good guy and I think he will be able to save you a few bucks.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I'm obviously biased, but I will say that I've tried many cutters throughout the years and I feel confident in promoting the XIKAR cutter.

and yes, there is a TON of these threads going around!

I just had a Palio explode into a million pieces on me. Sure wasn't expecting that...

The warranty shall come in handy.

-Mark

I just had a Palio explode into a million pieces on me. Sure wasn't expecting that...

The warranty shall come in handy.

-Mark

?

That sounds interesting. I haven't taken mine apart yet, but it looks to only have about 4 parts.

I just wish someone around here sold the Palio so I could pick it up and touch it and stuff to see if I really like it

Tim

Palio, hands down... no contest, finished, end kaput

Oh, I have a top of the range Xikar, still in the box. I want to trade for the oldest ISOM and extremely HTF you can muster together
I'll even throw in 2 other used Xikar if you come up with something really good.

Brian

I just found a Palio group buy going on over at CF.I ordered one today.