• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

which digital hygrometer is best?

Cohiba 4

hey guys,
i dont have my humi yet. but ive been reading around cp and figured it would be in my best interest to invest in one also. Is this true? and more importantly, which one do you reccomend?
Bryan

How many cigars are you looking to store in your humidor? There are humidor kits available (humidor, case, ashtray, etc). Or you can buy a nice desktop humidor. Though you'll probably end up needing a cooler to store all your cigars, it's always nice to have a quality desktop humidor.

whatever you get, go BIG! You may THINK you only need a 100 count humi... then you'll outgrow that and think a 200 will do... then a 300... a coolidor... a cabinet... a wall unit... a walk-in...

TRUST me... I'm at te cabinet stage right now! :laugh:

Seriously tho... do plan on a bigger one that you think you'll need. Soon you'll be getting some cigars to let sit and age, a box here and there... truthfully, a cooler converted into a humi is the cheapest, simplest and best option - as long as you don't mind having a cooler sitting around inside your house!

Coolidor thread

Other than that, check out the new CP Store - you might find a nice one there!

i here you swissy, but i dont have the finances right now for anything much bigger. Thanks tho!

Rod said:
How many cigars are you looking to store in your humidor? There are humidor kits available (humidor, case, ashtray, etc). Or you can buy a nice desktop humidor. Though you'll probably end up needing a cooler to store all your cigars, it's always nice to have a quality desktop humidor.
[snapback]285775[/snapback]​

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/261
im looking to get this humidor. It is a 120 count. What hygrometer should i get? :) Also, is this a good quality humidor? Thanks.
Bryan

Edited because i added another question.

The Little Havana and Wester Caliber III are both good digitals that don't take up a lot of room.

Cohiba 4 said:
i here you swissy, but i dont have the finances right now for anything much bigger. Thanks tho!
[snapback]285890[/snapback]​

I paid $14.99 for a 48Qt Coleman from Dick's Sporting Goods. Think big...and cheap. :D

Wilkey

I got a couple of the Western Caliber III digitals hygros and can tell you to make sure you do the salt test to whatever digitals you end up with to check their accuracy!

Emo was very right when he told me that just because the materials that come with the digital hygros may say, 'no test needed,' don't believe the manuals!!!

Both of my Western's were off by 6% RH!!!

And I would definitely reccommend Viper's beads!!! I got Viper's 65% beads and my cigars are happy! and if the cigars are happy then i'm happy :D (a transferable trick i learned from the wife :D )

seadub said:
I got a couple of the Western Caliber III digitals hygros and can tell you to make sure you do the salt test to whatever digitals you end up with to check their accuracy!

Emo was very right when he told me that just because the materials that come with the digital hygros may say, 'no test needed,' don't believe the manuals!!!

Both of my Western's were off by 6% RH!!!

And I would definitely reccommend Viper's beads!!! I got Viper's 65% beads and my cigars are happy! and if the cigars are happy then i'm happy :D (a transferable trick i learned from the wife :D )
[snapback]286030[/snapback]​

I second this advice ! Salt test them before, and add a little sticker on the back with the difference ( ie/ -3% or +3%). That way you can quickly add or subtract to get the correct RH.

SMOKE! said:
Where does one get the Western Caliber III?
[snapback]286408[/snapback]​

I found mine by just do a 'google' search for Western Caliber III. It ended up leading me to an ebay auction. It worked out fine.

good luck

I ordered a Western Caliber III on ebay January 13. Havent gotten it yet. Emailed the seller twice without response. Posted negative feedback and then the emails started comming in. This guy is the biggest hole Ive ever seen. I will never see the item but I guess my message is beware of who you buy with. Better a B&M or a rep dealer for an item like this.

atb_search.gif

Recently bought an Acu Rite hygrometer at Walmart. Was around $12.00 and it works great. Salt tested it, and it was dead on at 75% rh. One word of caution, it comes with an attached wired sensor that you're supposed to snake out a window, and be able to get indoor/outdoor temperatures. I cut it off and now the outdoor temp reads low. LOL

Other than that, it works like a charm.

I have The Little Havana, salt tested. Works great and doesn't take up hardly any room. And I got Vipers beads this week, man, what a difference!!

Mr_Wolf said:
I have The Little Havana, salt tested. Works great and doesn't take up hardly any room. And I got Vipers beads this week, man, what a difference!!
[snapback]287352[/snapback]​

Yeah... Viper's beads are fantastic, aren't they?