• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Sam Adams With A Cigar?

Q_The_Cop

Beware Clown!
I love Sam Adams Beers (I haven't found one I didn't like). If there are any Sam drinkers out there, what do you like to drink when you smoke one of your sticks? I like a summer ale or a hefi while having a fuller smoke. I'm drinking a Summer Ale now and having a Gurka. What do you have?

HUGE fan of ther regulat boston lager, winter brew, and the triple bock. Not such a fan of the summer ale, but love the cherry wheat as well. :)

Dunno which cigar, as I am usually drinking micros now a days, but they sound good!

Don

The sweeter and the maltier the better. Bitter, hoppy beers do not pair well with cigars whatsoever IMO.

The sweeter and the maltier the better. Bitter, hoppy beers do not pair well with cigars whatsoever IMO.

Now you tell me! lolol. I have been finding that out for myself for the last few months. Although some have gone well, most have kind of sqared of against the sticks to be honest!

Don

hands down would be the Cream Stout, with any maduro 'gar, the rich, chocolaty malts used in the stout pairs together fantastically! :thumbs:

Now you tell me! lolol. I have been finding that out for myself for the last few months. Although some have gone well, most have kind of sqared of against the sticks to be honest!

Don

HAHA - All you gotta do is ask bro!!

I am not smart enough to ask. I am the guy that watches something happen but has to find out for himself. Ask the poker guys. :) I never believe their hands, no no no. I have to pay em off just to see they weren't cheating me! lolol

Don

hands down would be the Cream Stout, with any maduro 'gar, the rich, chocolaty malts used in the stout pairs together fantastically! :thumbs:

If I have to drink beer with a cigar then this is VERY true. I prefer brown liquors but the cream stouts will certainly work well!

Definately the Cream Stout. I hear they're coming out with a Chocolate Bock this Nov.

Love MST up there by the way.

Big McLarge Huge

If I have to drink beer with a cigar then this is VERY true. I prefer brown liquors but the cream stouts will certainly work well!

I agree with this, I just had a maduro with a Sam Adams Irish Stout yesterday and it was just wonderful, but the Creams are awesome.

Enjoyed a stick, with a Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout and it was amazing.
Sweetness of the stout, went well with the sweet, creaminess of the cigar.
I will be trying some more combos and will report back.
Have a nice day.

My favorite Sam Adams are the Boston Lager, Light, and Utopius :love: ...also an occasional imperial pilsner. However, I haven't found a really good pairing with any of them. I find the Utopius to be a stand-alone slow sipper, as it overpowers the palate (maybe I'm just a baby :laugh: ). The imperial pisner is sort of the same way, for me at least, it doesn't seem to pair well with any of my favorite cigars. If I had to choose, by default, I'd choose the Light or the Boston Lager. They both can stand up to a large variety of smokes, without overpowering them. However, I don't think they would really contribute anything additionally to the cigar's flavors.

Edited for spelling

I'm a wicked huge fan of the Boston Lager. I usually don't drink beer with a cigar so I'm eager to test this anti-hops-and-cigar phenomenon several have mentioned. I was born a hop head and can't imagine I wouldn't enjoy an IPA with a cigar. I'll find out later today. Go Pats!

I usually drink Henny when I smoke, but when I go for beer it will be always a Sam, and among them a Boston Lager or a Brown Ale are best. Although I haven't found one in a while, the Scotch ale seems like it would go nicely with a cigar.

When I find myself with a only a hoppy beer in my hands, like an IPA, I finish my cigar then drink the beer.

Marcos

HUGE fan of ther regulat boston lager, winter brew, and the triple bock. Not such a fan of the summer ale, but love the cherry wheat as well. :)

Dunno which cigar, as I am usually drinking micros now a days, but they sound good!

Don

Gross! :0 Triple Bock tasked like medicine. Not something you can drink, only sip. Buyer beware.

As of lately, there is a bunch of pumpkin blends being sold at the stores. I hear those are pretty good.

Octoberfest by far

I agree ... haven't found a cigar that doesn't go with a SA Octoberfest.

Pumpkin ales are still my thing though. Second only to John Harvards, the Harvest Moon (Blue Moon Seasonal) is my personal fav in the pumpkin realm.

Octoberfest is an awesome brew. I have a 6pack at home. I'm going to pair it with a boutique cigar with an Ecuadorian wrapper.