• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which webmail provider do you use?

Which email provider do you use?

• GMail

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Yahoo

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Outlook.com

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I started out using yahoo mail many years ago, and then switched over to gmail about 7 years ago.  Getting tired of google's mysterious ways, I setup an Outlook.com account and really like it.  Much faster than gmail, cleaner, and great spam control.

What do you guys use?

Gmail, I mean I don't know what you mean by mysterious ways, but I find gmail one of the best in filtering exactly what I want and where I want it by keywords rather than by sender.

Often I see a trend in spam/junk mail that they change their email account name just a little that if I previously set up for mail from them to be send to spam, will now be back in the inbox, because they changed their sender address. To fight this I use keywords to trash spam and junk emails now days.

I wish I was smarter when I started my account in the early days and to never provide my email address to anything online, but to provide then with a temporary email.

My main email address is through Yahoo.  It's the same one I've had since I was... 17, maybe?  Everyone I know has that address, so it's kind of hard to change it, now.  I use that address now mainly, as Sweetrice alluded to, as my "contact info" address whenever I need one to register somewhere online for something.  I get ridiculous amounts of spam, but I expect that now.  I have a Gmail account that I do not give out for anything.  I use it for mainly professional'ish correspondence and as my point of contact address for my kids' schools and my school, as well.

I voted Yahoo, as that's what I mainly use.

I have my own domain just for E-mail, it costs a little money but I decided a long long time ago its worth it.   Oh and I use gmail for my shared calendar with my wife.

I also started out using yahoo but then made the switch to gmail.....which I like. I do have an Outlook account through work which is nice, but still prefer gmail.

I use Outlook 13, but have my own mailserver.  I recieve 200-500 emails a day and it keeps things very organized between three companies, the calender is great, and the features are limitless (but not just there to be there, they are actually useful).

I primarily use Gmail.  I still have my Yahoo account but only because I have had it for close to 20 years now...I just can't let go even though it can be annoying and my techie co-workers make fun of me for using it :p  

I probably should have voted "other" since I use my work email address that I've had for over 15 years for most everything.  I've had my yahoo address for a long time too but really never did use it.  several years ago I signed up for a gmail address and actually do use it for some things.

The work place is all in Outlook, which works well for a large organization but my private (check once every couple of weeks) is yahoo.

My primary email for personal correspondence is icloud, formerly Mobile Me.  

Prior to that I had an MSN account, which was just an upgraded version of Hotmail.  I still have that address, but only use it for purchasing stuff cause of all the spam.  I believe this is what you are using Rod and is seems all MSN and Hotmail accounts have been converted to Outlook.com.

I also have a gmail account.  I hate it.  I now only use it to synch calendars with my wife.  

No option for both Gmail and Outlook.com?  A guys got to have multiple email accounts these days!

I use a local company but if I were to use one of these companies it would be Outlook.com. I do not, like as you put it Googles mysterious ways either. 

lol, I use all 3
Outlook for main email
Yahoo for sight sign up that I actually want to get info from
Gmail for all the spam stuff i have to leave an email addy for

T

wkoti said:
I have had the same AOL address since 94. Anyone remember "Adding artwork please wait"?
I am reluctant to change it due to the longgevity of this. I still get emails from past clients.
I do however have it working on Outlook so I rarely go to the web portal.
I also have a Gmail and Yahoo for the other business.

u2-mysterious-ways-belly-dancer.jpg