• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which would you choose?

For you Fuente guys, The company is JC Newman. Fuente is the factory and cigar, but JC Newman distributes Fuente, Diamond Crown, Brickhouse, Julius Caeser and a few more.

Thanks for the knowledge just now Andy, I always thought Fuente was it's own company. When I recently found the newest Cigar Aficionado magazine, there was an article about the Fuente and their history, great read. But wasn't Fuente their own company before joining in with JC Newman?

They were in the beginning, but joined with JC Newman in 1996 to become "The Cigar Family". They even started CFCF - "Cigar Family Charitable Foundation". Fuente then became the factory for A. Fuente, JC Newman (Diamond Crown, DC Maximus, DC Julius Caeser - La Unica - Brickhouse - Cuesta Rey - and now El Baton) as well as Ashton and even some Savinellli.

Well, hell, if I have to include Diamond crown, and Brick House, etc, in addition to Fuente Products, I can live with that. Would still keep them behind the Nic Puros though.

Was a time when I would have said Padilla/Pepin based on the Padilla Miami 8&11 and the 1932. My all time favorite Cigars.

The Fuente family does employee a sales force. They only manufacture cigars and grown tobacco. They sell
all their cigars to the Newman family who in turn sells them to the distributors and brick and mortar stores.

For you Fuente guys, The company is JC Newman. Fuente is the factory and cigar, but JC Newman distributes Fuente, Diamond Crown, Brickhouse, Julius Caeser and a few more.

Thanks for the knowledge just now Andy, I always thought Fuente was it's own company. When I recently found the newest Cigar Aficionado magazine, there was an article about the Fuente and their history, great read. But wasn't Fuente their own company before joining in with JC Newman?

They were in the beginning, but joined with JC Newman in 1996 to become "The Cigar Family". They even started CFCF - "Cigar Family Charitable Foundation". Fuente then became the factory for A. Fuente, JC Newman (Diamond Crown, DC Maximus, DC Julius Caeser - La Unica - Brickhouse - Cuesta Rey - and now El Baton) as well as Ashton and even some Savinellli.

they even made the bauza and diana slivius at one point. I sure this is still true but not 100% sure.

By the way, here is some news from the IPCPR publication about J.C. Newman

J.C. NEWMAN OPENS NICARAGUAN CIGAR FACTORY
the owners of J.C. Newman Cigar Co. have opened a cigar factory in Estelí, Nicaragua, a project they have kept secret for more than a year. this will be the first time since
the 1930s that the Newman family will be making cigars by hand in one of their own factories. The new facility, is a 55,000 square-foot, one-story building called Puros de estelí nicaragua S.A., also
known as PenSA. it was designed for efficiency, as tobacco is delivered on one side in bales and moves throughout the building, exiting on the opposite side as
finished cigars at the loading dock. At full capacity, the facility can make well over 20 million cigars in a year.

Okay...hadn't realized we were including CCs. Have to throw Habanos SA to the top of my list.