• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whistlepig Rye

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Anybody heard of it? First I saw of it was today. Damn, $70 is a lot of money for a bottle of rye, even if it is made in VT. I have the feeling this was made for flatlanders, but I'm probably still going to spring for a bottle in the near future. I hate getting screwed by a fellow Woodchuck. I'm supposed to know better. BTW Whistlepig is what we call woodchucks here in the hills. I can't help but think there's something fishy about this.

wpig2.jpg

Pretty bottle.

Doc

I've heard of it. It is very good. Whether it's worth $70 or not is debatable, especially since there are other ryes out there from the same distillery. Jefferson's 10 year old rye is supposed to be the same stuff, and they do taste about the same. Masterson's is also supposed to be the same. It's actually made in Canada and bottled in Vermont. I don't think any US distillery makes a 100% rye whiskey like this is, the closest being LDI which makes a 95% rye. I'd like to hear your thoughts if you get it.

Well, if what you say is accurate, it's what I thought, a woodchuck scam to separate flatlanders from their money.

Doc

The restaurant I used to work at used to sell this. The owner knew the guy who distills it. I didn't care for it but the people with more money then brains around these parts seemed to really like it.

I shared a bottle with some folks a few months ago. Decent but not great and we got it for $55. If you are a Rye guy you gotta get one just to say you did otherwise buy 3 bottles of Rittenhouse 100.

I shared a bottle with some folks a few months ago. Decent but not great and we got it for $55. If you are a Rye guy you gotta get one just to say you did otherwise buy 3 bottles of Rittenhouse 100.

Workin my way through a bottle right now...
Templeton Rye was a recent delicious purchase.

-Rob

I've heard of it. It is very good. Whether it's worth $70 or not is debatable, especially since there are other ryes out there from the same distillery. Jefferson's 10 year old rye is supposed to be the same stuff, and they do taste about the same. Masterson's is also supposed to be the same. It's actually made in Canada and bottled in Vermont. I don't think any US distillery makes a 100% rye whiskey like this is, the closest being LDI which makes a 95% rye. I'd like to hear your thoughts if you get it.

Khari, is right on with this. I have has the WP and it is pretty good. Personally, I would get a bottle of Jefferson's Rye for $25 and save the $. To me they tasted damn similar.