• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who at CP Uses Cigars as an Investment?

Cigars seem like a particularly vulnerable (physically) investment to me....

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Even if I won the lottery, I would buy cigars to enjoy and share. I would invest in something else.

Has anyone ever smoked a Cuban cigar with the Pele de Oro tobacco? If so, what characteristics does this leaf have that makes it so different?

edited for spelling.

Well .... don't try to peddle your wares here ya beeawwtches. That's all I have to say on that.

In the December 24th, 2007 Forbes there is an article about Salvatore Parisi, who not only loves to smoke great cigars but also use them as an investment. For example, Parisi purchased 15 Cohiba Behikes @ $375 -- and has seen them appreciate to $750 each over the past year. Similarly, he boasts of a 25 year Dunhill Estupendo worth $1200 -- and an overall collection worth $2.5 million+ (60,000 sticks).

No way the Dunhill Estupendo is worth $1,200. His cigars are worth nothing until someone actually pays for them.

Anyway, I'm sure some people can make some money aging and selling cigars... but it seems like a very poor investment to me, compared to other vehicles that are out there.

Word...if you pay 1200 for any cigar you are retarded. I've paid 100 for 1 box of a partagas new release culebra cuz I had to have it more because of the novelty of it. Well, I guess that's nothing to do with the topic at hand. Carry on. :)