• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who be the Newbie?

camaroon4me

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!&quo
Hey Guys and Gals, I just thought I would take a minute and introduce myself.

I am John Volkening from Roseville MI. I have been a cigar enthusiast for a few years now, but just recently got the bug big time, as some of you already have found out through my postings so far.

As for what I do, I work for St.John Hospital in Detroit as a patient transport driver. I also work on my off days with Federal Express Home Delivery as a courier.
In my spare time, I like to surf the net for cigar stuff, also I am into racing, hockey, and other sports. I have a jeep that I like to go offroading when time allows, and also some camping.

I have been married for 14 years now to Paula, and I will be 39 in October. (hint hint) ;)

So far, I have found this group to be incredibly helpful and more than willing to share in their expertise and love of cigars. I have one hunidor that holds about 75 I think, and one small humi from CI "the smiley face one", and have just purchased a 48Q cooler, and half a pound of beads from Climmax which will arrive later in the week, I hope!

Im looking forward to many years of trading cigars, stories, rants and reviews. Who knows, maybe I will find some other locals to hang out with in the future.

Thanks for having such a cool group! John V.

WElcome aboard. Great place here. Checked your profile and your are only minutes away. Great to have neighbor here. Maybe WE can hand off a pass with each other.

So, you like to BBQ. Grill 'n or smoke 'n? Nothing beats an 8 hour smoked rib and a 1 hour PAM :p

Welcome to CP! 48 Qt cooler eh? What cha gonna use after next month when that's full? :p

Snowdust said:
WElcome aboard. Great place here. Checked your profile and your are only minutes away. Great to have neighbor here. Maybe WE can hand off a pass with each other.

So, you like to BBQ. Grill 'n or smoke 'n? Nothing beats an 8 hour smoked rib and a 1 hour PAM :p
Hey Jeff. Commerce is only about a 45 minute drive from here! Let me know if you get a herf together, haven't experienced one yet, I just get together with my smokin buds about once a week.
I know we will be going to see "The General" when he does his show live in August, let me know if you are planning on going, we can save you a spot!

As for BBQ, yeah, thats about my favorite thing. I like deep-frying turkeys, smoking ribs in my outdoor barrel style cooker, or just about anything that can be smoked, grilled, or fried! Next project is to try cornish hens in the outdoor fryer.

Sorry about getting off the cigar topic here, but ..its BBQ time in the Great Lake State!

JV

If I was you guys I would live in northville next to that nice cigar shop you have up there.

Welcome to CP! I also live in michigan (Livonia/northville area). Nice to have you here :)

-Matt

Welcome to the CP. I have a smoker grill also love to smoke a pork shoulder for 8+ while enjoying a good smoke. You'll enjoy it here :)

smokers only said:
Gunpowder said:
If I was you guys I would live in northville next to that nice cigar shop you have up there.
What place you talking about???

-Matt
I couldn't remember the name of it but by the description I was told by another CP member that it is Trader Tom's. It was owned by a woman last time I was there several years back.

Howdy John and welcome to CP. You said it's BBQ time up there in the Great Lakes State now, well it's BBQ time down here in Sunny Central Florida year round..... :D :thumbs: :p

Welcome aboard.

That 48 qt is not going to be big enough. Trust me on this. :p