• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who be the Newbie?

Welcome to CP!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start with a coolerdor and beads ;)

geldor1 said:
Welcome aboard.

That 48 qt is not going to be big enough. Trust me on this. :p
48qt has done me fine thus far. Then again... I don't stockpile. :p

Welcome to the board, Cameroon. It's a jungle here. :D

That 48 qt will be your desktop coolerdor in no time! I had to go out and buy a 2nd wine cooler!

I'm in Southern California. The only time you can't BBQ here is when you are asleep :D

Welcome, you will have a great time here.

M. Gipson :)

Gunpowder said:
smokers only said:
Gunpowder said:
If I was you guys I would live in northville next to that nice cigar shop you have up there.
What place you talking about???

-Matt
I couldn't remember the name of it but by the description I was told by another CP member that it is Trader Tom's. It was owned by a woman last time I was there several years back.
Whats his screen name on here? cant find him. I would love to talk to him.

thanks,matt

If I recall correctly I was talking to "THE BEAST" who I think lives in Grand Rapids. I was describing the store to him and apparently he knew of it.

VIA Google:
Trader Tom's Tobacco Shop
43249 7 Mile Road
Northville Township
(810) 348-8333
A quaint shop with decent
prices and selections

I can not be sure this was the one but the one I visited was during the hey day of the 90's and there were tons of cigars of all brands. The store was owned by a woman at that time.

See also: http://www.cigargroup.com/regional/mi/detroit/

gr8full2day said:
Welcome to CP!!! You a Yupper or a Troll... :sneaky: :D :D
Well, Im about 15 minutes from downtown Detroit, so I guess to you I would be a troll, but I do reside north of a bridge! Ambassador Bridge for those not familiar with Michigan, connects Detroit to Windsor Ontario Canada to our SOUTH!

We do have relatives that live right on Lake Superior in Autrain MI We Might get there sometime this summer, try to get the two weeks that there isn't snow up there! :D

Hey John V!!

GO BLUE !!

Actually I'm a Penn State & Florida fan for college football but was pullin' for the Wolverines last year. ;)

I was SO CLOSE to driving out for the OSU game last year, MAN would that hve been great. The weather was perfect and the Buckeyes went down.

It was a great season capped off by a Rose Bowl win :thumbs: :thumbs:

rknicker is another UoM alum who works for the University and lives in Ann Arbor.

Welcome aboard, John! When I was a little tyke, we used to travel through Roseville every year on our way from E. Lansing to Gull Lake (Near Battle Creek & Kalamazoo). I'll never forget the fabulous soft ice cream that we used to get at the Dairy Freeze (I think it was called that).
Ah, sweet memories of youth.... :love:

Welcome aboard CP John!
beer.gif

Oh... and Lake Superior isnt THAT cold... well... Ok the water is but the region has the worlds largest air conditioner making things wonderful when everybody else is sweating at 90+ degree temps. ;)

Yeah... upgrade the cooler. Your gonna run out of room in under 6 weeks. :D

Down right hospitable group we have here, good choice John, welcome!

Kryo said:
Welcome aboard CP John!
beer.gif

Oh... and Lake Superior isnt THAT cold... well... Ok the water is but the region has the worlds largest air conditioner making things wonderful when everybody else is sweating at 90+ degree temps. ;)

Yeah... upgrade the cooler. Your gonna run out of room in under 6 weeks. :D
Well, we are going to find out about Superior sooner than I thought. We are heading up Monday afternoon for AuTrain. I think we will be stopping at Mackinac City for the eve, and cruising over, (not over, that would be really bad) but across the Mighty Mac to the top of the UP on Tues! Nice little 5 day vacation, going to try to get back to Copper Harbor, heaven on earth! Any Yoopers Herfin this week?
Have a great week, see ya back on Saturday.
John V