• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who buys Gurkhas?

Non-cigar smoking sisters with cigar smoking brothers, for one.    :blush: 

My older sister sent me a very nice mixed fiver for Yule.  Of Gurkhas. Well, the thought was very nice. And I'll smoke every last one of them, with love.  Hel's lacy undies, my kid sister sent me an Acid and I smoked that!  :laugh: 

~Boar 

Lol...

I mean, if they're free....

Yeah I guess I'd smoke a Gurkha then...

Save it for the summer.  Between the smoke of the bbq and the heavy drinking you won't notice or care if it tastes like crap. :D

Lol I bought some gurkhas the other day, some aren't that great, others are okay. I paid about 50 cents a stick so I'm happy. 

Last Gurkas I tried were crap. There's WAY too many others I wanna try before I try any Gurkas agaiin.

I've had two that I didn't think we're too bad. They never made it to rotation, but I've had worse.

Gurkha's not high on my list to try, but I have been partial to LaPalina's Goldies Laguito #5, not really available any more, not a bad afternoon smoke for a non Cuban.

Was a big AF Don Carlos #3 and Robusto smoker a long time ago with an occasional Opus X - not sure if both of those are still the same quality as back in the mid to late 90s...

If I get any I usually share them with friends that can't appreciate anything better and like the pretty label.  :)

You bunch of haters. What's wrong with Gurkhas? I haven't tried one yet but it's on my bucket list.

Make sure you get one that has been discounted 300% from MSRP, those are the BEST!!!

Light this! said:
You bunch of haters. What's wrong with Gurkhas? I haven't tried one yet but it's on my bucket list.
Kris...now everyone knows who to send their Gurkhas to...

I'd say your sister gets major props for buying you cigars.  Pretty nice gesture, if you ask me.

You have to wonder who smokes this stuff, but it wouldn't be around and sold everywhere if they didn't sell a bunch of them.  

BlindedByScience said:
I'd say your sister gets major props for buying you cigars.  Pretty nice gesture, if you ask me.

Damn straight it is.  My sisters are awesome! Not to mention it's a whole fiver.  

Most of the Gurkhas I've smoked were more "not to my taste" than terrible, the cognac tubo being the only exception.  If Dawn had sent THAT it would have been given a place of honor in my humidor right next to the barberpole Fauxhiba my best friend's dad gifted me.  :laugh:

~Boar

I agree with Fields, I was gift an unlabeled fiver to review. Come to find, they were all Gurkhas.

Only one of them show a minor possibility, very minor.......

Bayamos said:
I agree with Fields, I was gift an unlabeled fiver to review. Come to find, they were all Gurkhas.

They must have put Opus bands on them for you to smoke them... lol

Very nice gesture from the sisters.  I've tried a few and just didn't find the taste I'm looking for in a seegar.  I do know two smokers that love em.  For whatever reason, that is their "go to" seegar.  I say the best seegar in the world is the one YOU like the best.  Life is far to short to smoke shitty seegars!!!

Floyd T.

Tall Paul said:

They must have put Opus bands on them for you to smoke them... lol

Paul, that's not fair, I like a lot of different cigars. Such as, Fuente OpusX Double Corona, Fuente OpusX Fuente Fuente,Fuente OpusX Perfecxion X, Fuente Fuente OpusX Perfecxion A,Fuente Fuente OpusX Perfecxion 77 Shark, Fuente Fuente OpusX Perfecxion #2,Fuente Fuente OpusX Perfecxion #4 Series X Fuente Fuente OpusX Perfecxion #5,Fuente Fuente OpusX Reserve d'Chateau, Fuente Fuente OpusX Robusto, Fuente Fuente OpusX Super Belicoso, Fuente Fuente OpusX Love Affair, Fuente Fuente OpusX Pussy Cat, Fuente Fuente OpusX Magnum O, Fuente Fuente OpusX Belicoso XXX, Fuente Fuente OpusX Petit Lancero………………………to name a few.

I don't like to admit it but I ahve tried and liked a couple of those figurados. They were good, not great....and almost free.