• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who is a Home Brewer

Cigar Smokin Chef

HI,

Just wondering who else here brews beer. My friend and I have a 10 gal "brewery" aka "Three Dog Brewery" in Haskell NJ. Here is a link to some pics 3DB. We finally, after 10 years of partial mashing have gone to all grain brewing (much cheaper, now I can smoke good cigars again).

So... who are you, what do you brew and where? Whats your favorite home Brewe to smoke with? Mine so far is a Scottish Wee Heavy still young, I hope it lasts to maturity!

Maybe we can start a Home Brew Pass and send recipes with our sticks!

Mark

Mark,
With the help YOU have been giving me, I hope to be brewing here in a month or so!!!
Thanks again bro for ALL of your help! :thumbs:

As far as a beer with my smoke... I'm a fan of a good Porter in the winter time!!!

Thanks again Mark!

I am a novice home brewer, I've only brewed one batch thus far, and it turned out very good. I've just not made the time to do another batch. The first batch was from a Wind River kit, Old World Pilsner. I need to get back to this is was fairly easy. :thumbs:

I enjoy homebrew and homebrewing. Right now I have a Belgian Witbier, St. Paul Porter, Nut Brown Ale, Red Ale and Irish Draught bottled. I have nothing going right now, however I might start a lager of some sort in the next week or so to take advantage of the cooler celler temps this winter.

I may also try my hand at a Mead sometime soon too.

I enjoy homebrew and homebrewing. Right now I have a Belgian Witbier, St. Paul Porter, Nut Brown Ale, Red Ale and Irish Draught bottled. I have nothing going right now, however I might start a lager of some sort in the next week or so to take advantage of the cooler celler temps this winter.

Hi Gonz,
Thought you might be a brewer ;) Bet you are a Papizan <sp> fan too. I just sent davidr2340 The Joy of Home Brewing book so he should be off to a great start. Do you brew All Grain or extract/Partial Mash?

BrewMeister,
Welcome to the world of Home Brew!

Mark

Right now I do partial mash/extract brew, and I think I'm going to invest in a kegging system before I try my hand at all grain brewing. I have a small (Haier) keg fridge at home right now that can hold up to 3 corny kegs or one 1/6th barrel and a Corny, so I think I'm going to get a new double tap tower and keep a keg of home brew and a keg of local brew on tap.

Home brewing is just about as addicting as cigars :sign:

Right now I do partial mash/extract brew, and I think I'm going to invest in a kegging system before I try my hand at all grain brewing. I have a small (Haier) keg fridge at home right now that can hold up to 3 corny kegs or one 1/6th barrel and a Corny, so I think I'm going to get a new double tap tower and keep a keg of home brew and a keg of local brew on tap.

Home brewing is just about as addicting as cigars :sign:

That's what I'm affraid of... ???

We just went to all grain this summer and man does it save money! We still bottle because we are to cheap to get the kegging set up. Tomorrow we will be freezing our first batch of yeast for so hopefully we wont be buying much more of that. Right now we are paying $40 -$45 / 10 Gal batch( about 4 1/2 Cases ). If the yeast freezing works we will be down to $28- $33 / batch. Thats just $7-$8 per case of THE WORLDS BEST BEER!

We just went to all grain this summer and man does it save money! We still bottle because we are to cheap to get the kegging set up. Tomorrow we will be freezing our first batch of yeast for so hopefully we wont be buying much more of that. Right now we are paying $40 -$45 / 10 Gal batch( about 4 1/2 Cases ). If the yeast freezing works we will be down to $28- $33 / batch. [sup]Thats just $7-$8 per case of THE WORLDS BEST BEER![/sup]

Gotta LOVE good beer at THAT price!!! :thumbs:

I've been at it for two years now. I went AG after about 4 months, and haven't looked back. I've been on hiatus the last few months, because I recently moved, and my wife has been delpoyed for a while. Brewing and single parenting don't mix well. Plus, I'm in the planning phase of setting up a new brewery in my workshop.

Any of you guys members of any brewing forums? I'm on http://www.homebrewtalk.com and http://www.brewboard.com .

I've been at it for two years now. I went AG after about 4 months, and haven't looked back. I've been on hiatus the last few months, because I recently moved, and my wife has been delpoyed for a while. Brewing and single parenting don't mix well. Plus, I'm in the planning phase of setting up a new brewery in my workshop.

Any of you guys members of any brewing forums? I'm on http://www.homebrewtalk.com and http://www.brewboard.com .

I just signed up @ homebrewtalk today!!!

Been a home brewer for sometime and I Peat Smoke all by beers and I dont care what style it is. If its Belgium Witbier all the way to a nice Stout, I smoke it. No one makes a Peat Smoked Beer like I do. :thumbs:

I just signed up @ homebrewtalk today!!!

Very cool....I found ya. The "intro" forum has been damned busy there....we experience a glut of new people this time of the year. Lots of folks get a brewing kit for Christmas, and sign up shortly thereafter.

Been a home brewer for sometime and I Peat Smoke all by beers and I dont care what style it is. If its Belgium Witbier all the way to a nice Stout, I smoke it. No one makes a Peat Smoked Beer like I do. :thumbs:

We've smoked some grains too. Usually with apple wood (I have a tree in my yard).
Sometimes the smoke is unintentional, we entered a beer in a competition last year that the judges found slightly smokey, we realized later that we had been smoking ribs in the garage as we were brewing for about 4 hours! Do you use the garden shop peat for your smoke? I was never sure if it was modified or not so never used it.

As for forums I am a member of Homebrewtalk but haven't been very active user name MarkS224.

Mark

Do you use the garden shop peat for your smoke? I was never sure if it was modified or not so never used it.

Mark

I just buy my Peat Smoked Grains. Since I dont have access to a Peat Bog. :p I've taken a break from Home Brewing as I seldom drink any beer anymore. And since my friends are 83 miles from me, its pointless to have 5 gallons on tap for myself as I am lucky if I drink 1 beer in 4 months anymore. Naturally they pester me about brewing up some of my famous smoked beer. :D

I'm a member of 2 brewing forums. One is located at http://www.homebrew.com/ . I generally get my Peat Smoked Grains from them. But the main one is located in California and its http://morebeer.com/ . This is the shop I generally get all my supplies from when I do brew. I just do Partial Mashes and Extract with Speciality grains plus I design my own recipes. My latest creating is gonna cost me around $150 for a 3 to 4 gallon batch but it will weigh in at nearly 20 to 25% ABV which is a project I plan on working this Summer. :D

I have brewed my own in the past. Had to give it up a couple years ago due to space limitations. I have made several batches including a couple all grain brews. Last one I did was a Scottish red that was to die for. Have brewed pale ales, stout, couple reds, and an attempt at a lambic that did not turn out as planned, but was not all that bad either.

I have made my own wine as well. Made some apple, pineapple, and raspberry wines. My mother took all my raspberry last time she was here. Guess she liked it. :) I still have a couple bottles of the apple and pineapple left from 2001. I may break out a bottle in a month or so to see how it is coming along. That pineapple is some sweet wine! The apple is a medium body. The raspberry was more on the dry side, just wish my mom had not stolen all my stash!

I may get back into brewing this summer. May end up making it a seasonal thing and use my shed for storage of the fermenters.

I've always wanted to try this. Looks interesting!

Hey Gonz we'll have to talk homebrewing next time you are in town!

I've been brewing for a couple of years. I made a Cherry stout in '04 and again in '06 using a Russian Imperial Stout recipe and 10 lbs of fresh cut cherries. I've also got a brown ale, a summer wheat and pumpkin in the bottle from previous runs. I'm a partial grain brewer mostly because it easier, faster and I don't know how to weld!

I'm planning to make a few more batches this winter (if it ever friggin cools down)...

If you're gonna do a mead plan on an extended firmentation. The last one I did was sassafrass mead and took just over 4 months to ferment completely. Another one, Ginger mead went a little faster at 3 months.

NA

If you're gonna do a mead plan on an extended firmentation. The last one I did was sassafrass mead and took just over 4 months to ferment completely. Another one, Ginger mead went a little faster at 3 months.

NA

He said home "BREWER" not home BOOZER Neal.... :rolleyes: