• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who is a Home Brewer

I'm a partial grain brewer mostly because it easier, faster and I don't know how to weld!

Weld?

GHETTO2.jpg

There's my all grain setup. That's about $25 worth of plasic shelving from WalMart held together with electrical tape. Doesn't get much simpler than that! Although I am in the process of of building a new rig....got my arc welder a couple days ago. :)

I've been homebrewing for a few years, and have to say that it is as addicting as smoking cigars, at least for me. Brit styles , Bitter and Porter and IPA are my fave, but sure like O'fest and Bock beers. So far, I found that Padron 1926 Maduro's go real good with O'fest and Porter and AF(any) goes pretty good with Pale Ale and IPA.
All grain is the way to go, you just have so much more flexibility. I hope I see when/if there's a beer pass, that would be fun!!

I've never done it but the whole hobby intrigues me as well as many other hobbies that I KNOW I would never have the time for :laugh: so I never pursued it.

I met a guy from ClubStogie two years ago in Richmond, VA (screen name altbier) who is very much into this. He brought me to a beerfest in Richmond where he and some of his other homebrewers from his local club were "working" the beerfest so I got in for free! :thumbs: They were all great guys and altbier gave me a couple of his creations to bring home and WOW they were fantastic! :thumbs:

I tend to prefer IPAs but I'll pretty much drink anything! :D

There's my all grain setup. That's about $25 worth of plasic shelving from WalMart held together with electrical tape. Doesn't get much simpler than that! Although I am in the process of of building a new rig....got my arc welder a couple days ago. :)
And I might add, Sammy makes some mighty fine beer too!!

For a while I was in the local home brewing club. Those guys are nuts! A couple of them have homebrew rigs that are almost industrial. My wife started teasing me about my new hobby and how long it would take to make a giant rig of pipes and barrels in the backyard (I've been know to jump into a new hobby with both feet!).....My standard answer was "as soon as I learn how to weld".... :laugh:

Speaking of that, I think it is off to the homebrew store today! It's a good day to get started on summer summer ale!

Edits:typos

And I might add, Sammy makes some mighty fine beer too!!

I appreciate that BR, esp. coming from you (he's a hellacious brewer, folks), but you only had one that I recall. I keep the crappy stuff under wraps! Matter of fact I tried to clone the milk stout from the conference (remember thatone ?) and failed quite impressively. :D

Ahh Beer,
Gonna test the limits of our 10 Gal system and our imaginations with a Imperial India Pale Ale. Can you say hops? 80 ..that right 80ABU and an OG of 81it should give us a 8% Alcohol beer! Starting with 30# of grains! OMG I think this should be ready to drink by Christmas! I hope we still have some left.

Mark

Ahh Beer,
Gonna test the limits of our 10 Gal system and our imaginations with a Imperial India Pale Ale. Can you say hops? 80 ..that right 80ABU and an OG of 81it should give us a 8% Alcohol beer! Starting with 30# of grains! OMG I think this should be ready to drink by Christmas! I hope we still have some left.

Mark

Good luck bro!
That sounds like a helluva beer!!!

:thumbs:

I've brewed beers, ciders, meads and cysers. I've always bottled but I want to move to 5 gallon soda kegs for the beers.

Any of you guys ever have any Bottle Bombs? You know when they are over carbinated and explode?

Mark

420 73110 9101 0385 5574 9878 1839 25

Hey David,
I got those pics up of the Brewery

Three Dog Brewery Pics

Mark

Linky no work for me... ???
It must be some sort of sign that I can't see them via your email OR this link!!! ;)

That's a helluva lot nicer than the kit I started with! Very nice. That's the same draft tower I have....it does the job!

Thanks bro!
I'm excited to get it, and start brewin'!!!

hoppedupapa.jpg

Yummy Yummy beer. This is what has consumed most of the second bedroom in my apartment.

My friend was an idiot when we first got into Home Brewing. I've seen bottle bombs than nearly put both my eyes out. :(