• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who is Anthony Harvey

MrJerry

Your Coffee Guy!
If you guys know what his screen name is that would be helpful.

Anthony Harvey

* Born: Jun 03, 1931 in London, England, UK
* Active: '50s-'80s
* Major Genres: Drama, Comedy
* Career Highlights: Lolita, I'm All Right Jack, The L-Shaped Room
* First Major Screen Credit: A Private's Progress (1956)

A stage actor by the early '40s, Harvey appeared in the 1945 film Caesar and Cleopatra, and by the end of the decade was working as an editor. Harvey cut such notable films as John Boulting's I'm All Right, Jack, } Bryan Forbes' The L-Shaped Room and The Whisperers, Stanley Kubrick's Lolita and Dr. Strangelove, and Martin Ritt's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold. He debuted as a director in 1967 with Dutchman, an adaptation of LeRoi Jones' two-character play, which he also edited. Harvey had his first popular success with his second film, the historical drama The Lion in Winter, with Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn; he also guided Hepburn in a television film of Tennessee Williams'} The Glass Menagerie and the black comedy Grace Quigley (aka The Ultimate Solution of Grace Quigley). Among his other theatrical features are They Might Be Giants and Richard's Things; his notable television films include The Disappearance of Aimee, Svengali and The Patricia Neal Story.} ~ All Movie Guide

Maybe this is the man you seek

Nope, The Anthony Harvey I'm looking for ordered beans last October and still hasn't paid. I have long arms and will find him.

Anthony Harvey
959 Sanders Dr
Saint Louis, MO 63126

Jerry,

This invoice was paid last year. I will scan in the money order reciept to prove it.

And empty your email inbox.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

jerry@killerbeans.com
mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded

What I would do Anthony is call Jerry directly at 765-742-4121. That is the number for Killer Beans Headquarters and I'm sure that he is there or his voice mail is working........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

What I would do Anthony is call Jerry directly at 765-742-4121. That is the number for Killer Beans Headquarters and I'm sure that he is there or his voice mail is working........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Sorry but the only time I will be speaking to Jerry is when he is applogizing to me. Below are the scans of the original invoice that stated 7 days net terms.

The second scan shows the reciept for the money order along with the money order stub. Whats even worse is I felt bad that he was losing out on the shipping so I even sent an extra couple of bucks to help cover it.

And now 6 months later I'm being called out as a thief?

Invoice Scan

MO Stub & Reciept scan

I didn't see anyone calling you a thief. Mistakes happen. I'm sure that with the scan of the m/o, all will be straight.

Didn't Jerry send you anything else by mail asking for payment?

I didn't see anyone calling you a thief. Mistakes happen. I'm sure that with the scan of the m/o, all will be straight.

Maybe not a thief, but certainly a dead beat. All I know is if Jerry doesn't get a payment from me in 7 days, I want to hear about it on the 8th day, not in 6 m0s.

Doc.

I suspect that if invoice number #101606.2 was for $36.10, but MrJerry received a money order for $38.00 with no additional information noted, that may be the source of the problem.

I would confirm with your local post office that postal money order #09993918328 was cashed, to make sure it was received.

While I can't speak for Jerry, if I sent you a product (doesn't matter what it is, sugar, cigars, etc) and 6 months later you still hadn't paid I'd call you a thief and/or a deadbeat as Doc had said. And as in this instance I'd be wrong for calling you a thief and/or deadbeat.

I have no idea if i got anything else from him via mail. If I did, I'm sure it would have been marked as junk mail and shreaded. I got the first invoice with the beans and the payment was made 4 days later. I had no reason to be expecting anything else from him.

I suspect that if invoice number #101606.2 was for $36.10, but MrJerry received a money order for $38.00 with no additional information noted, that may be the source of the problem.

I would confirm with your local post office that postal money order #09993918328 was cashed, to make sure it was received.

My name was on the USPS Money Order, if you recieved a money order with no other information on it such as invoice #,etc you think you might check who it was from against your order database.

Nonetheless, I'll be first to appologize for flying off the handle. First I read in my profile comments the following comment:

Anthony has an unpaid invoice dated 10.16.2006. I've sent him three copies of this invoice (one came with the beans he ordered) and still nothing.
I've now emailed him at work to see if this will work.

Then i find this thread, so forgive me if I came across upset and pissed off. Because I was upset and pissed off. While at the same time if he indeed hasn't gotten the MO I can understand how he could be upset and would want to find me.

While of course if it had been paid and overlooked that is an error....his note said that he tried contacting you three times. If you threw out his mail because you did not expect anything from him...you must at least see how it is not 100% Jerry's fault. Now, again, he made the oversight by not creditiing the payment, but had you opened the mail, this situation would have been resolved long ago and in private.

I have dealt with Jerry a dozen or so times, and would not hesitate to do so again. that he made a simple, easy, and easy to correct mistake in billing will not stop me. IMHO, trying three times to follow up was generous.

IMO, it's the vendor's responsibility to keep his accounting straight -- not the customer's.

And if you're going to call someone out in a public forum like this one, then you better have the facts solidly on your side before doing so. An apology is owed.

Jerry, most knowledgeable members of CP require payment from non-established members before they ship their end. It's a sound practice which prevents most issues like this. You should consider taking similar precautions, especially if you're going to use this forum as a way to track down those who don't pay.

While of course if it had been paid and overlooked that is an error....his note said that he tried contacting you three times. If you threw out his mail because you did not expect anything from him...you must at least see how it is not 100% Jerry's fault. Now, again, he made the oversight by not creditiing the payment, but had you opened the mail, this situation would have been resolved long ago and in private.

I have dealt with Jerry a dozen or so times, and would not hesitate to do so again. that he made a simple, easy, and easy to correct mistake in billing will not stop me. IMHO, trying three times to follow up was generous.

I took it to mean that when he said he tried contacting me three times, was the first invoice with the coffee, the second invoice that was either mailed or emailed, and then the third attempt that he sent me via email this morning (which was two days after he posted this thread).

Now you say that since I threw out his mail it is not 100% his fault, but if this is indeed an oversight on his part, how is that my fault at all?

I think Jerry is a great guy and by no means am I trying to say otherwise. I haven't made it to the PO today and honestly don't have much time this week either, but I'll try my best to get in there and see where this money order is.

With that said I'm not saying this is Jerry's fault. Like I said before I flew off the handle because I was upset when I first saw this. I was just pissed off that we have BOTL's turning on each other for $36.

I agree that had I opened the mail (that I'm sure he sent, since he said he sent it) this would have been solved long ago and in private. But last time I checked email was private as well, and had he sent me an email this would have been resolved in private as well.

IMO, it's the vendor's responsibility to keep his accounting straight -- not the customer's.

And if you're going to call someone out in a public forum like this one, then you better have the facts solidly on your side before doing so. An apology is owed.

Jerry, most knowledgeable members of CP require payment from non-established members before they ship their end. It's a sound practice which prevents most issues like this. You should consider taking similar precautions, especially if you're going to use this forum as a way to track down those who don't pay.

Jerry is a good guy and while I may not have 18753 posts or been around for 4 years. But I have met Jerry in person last year at the LOLH 6 and after buying some coffee then I told him I would be placing another order soon. Which I did as everyone can see.

And this inciddent will not prevent me from ordering from Jerry in the future. I might use a credit card or paypal rather than a MO though!

Anthony,
I'm very sorry for all the mix up. My records indicated that the invoice was unpaid. In a situation like that, I send out another "reminder" invoice...I did this three times. With no responce to any of those invoices I was left with little choice but to conclude that it hadn't been paid. With that being said, if you say you have paid I have no need to doubt you. Did I get the paymnet ...I have no reecord, but I do know that you sent it. Case closed and I hope you have no hard feeeling!

stevehawk, I've been doing business the same way for over 6 years without too many problems. Sending out over 8,000 lbs a month and dealing with a couple 1,000 clients mistakes can and do happen. When they do happen I do everything in my power to correct them...that's the best I can do. I've never had anyone complain about the fact that I send the coffee out before there's any need to send payment, and it's been working for myself and my client's with only a very few glitches.

As soon as we get our coffee shop open (K. Dees Coffee and Roasting Co.) we'll be taking credit cards from those who feel better doing business that way...this may eliminate some problems like this one.

Since I trust Anthony's work this matter is closed...all I was looking for was contact. I won't be bringing this up again as it's finished.

Could one of the MODS please remove the comment I left in HarvInSTL's profile as it should not be there.

Thanks guys!