• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who is the best player in the NBA?

Who is the best player in the NBA?

• LeBron James

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

elderboy02

I think LeBron is the best player in the NBA. If he actually had anyone around him like Kobe does, LeBron would be winning championships.

I think he plays elsewhere next season.

Trying to even out your topics a little to branch out from the B/S/T Forum and the questions that have arisen? :rolleyes:

Trying to even out your topics a little to branch out from the B/S/T Forum and the questions that have arisen? :rolleyes:

You asked me to not treat CP as a flea market. I am engaging in conversation. Please stop trolling my posts. :thumbs:

L_E_B_R_O_N...If this guy had a b-team playing behind him he would have 2 championships...

Rajon Rondo!

As far as LBJ goes...he didn't show up in the playoffs. Jordon had Pippen and then it was nothing but role players.

You asked me to not treat CP as a flea market. I am engaging in conversation. Please stop trolling my posts. :thumbs:

Trolling your posts?? The only reason you're "engaging" in conversation is because you and your selling motives have finally come into question.

Kobe is the best right now hands down. He never passes up a big shot (like Lebron always does). When his team needs him to pick them up and carry them he does. Where was Lebron against the Celtics when his team needed him? You could see the despair in his eyes. Kobe has rings because he has an unquenchable desire to win. It's the same thing that Jordan had, Magic had, and Bird had. Lebron has a lot of skills and physical ability but unless he can figure out how to light that mental fire and belief that he "cannot loose" in his head, he will never acheive the greatness that Kobe has.

Just my 2 cents.

cool.gif

Howie Long for sure!!! :thumbs: J/K I would say Lebron is a better all around player, but Kobe is an amazing Offensive player. If Lebron picked up a little more on the offensive side he'd be as good or better than Kobe.

Kobe is the best right now hands down. He never passes up a big shot (like Lebron always does). When his team needs him to pick them up and carry them he does. Where was Lebron against the Celtics when his team needed him? You could see the despair in his eyes. Kobe has rings because he has an unquenchable desire to win. It's the same thing that Jordan had, Magic had, and Bird had. Lebron has a lot of skills and physical ability but unless he can figure out how to light that mental fire and belief that he "cannot loose" in his head, he will never acheive the greatness that Kobe has.

Good post.

If the topic was "best athlete" then it's Lebron. Otherwise it's Kobe. No question.

Lebron doesn't even have a mid-range jumper. Boston exposed his deficiencies and made Lebron look human again. It's great that Lebron can have so many highlights and wins during the regular season, but the playoffs are a whole different animal. He, and the Cavs, have regressed each year since they lost in the NBA finals to the Spurs.

Good post.

If the topic was "best athlete" then it's Lebron. Otherwise it's Kobe. No question.

Lebron doesn't even have a mid-range jumper. Boston exposed his deficiencies and made Lebron look human again. It's great that Lebron can have so many highlights and wins during the regular season, but the playoffs are a whole different animal. He, and the Cavs, have regressed each year since they lost in the NBA finals to the Spurs.

My thoughts exactly, lebron is young and has alot of years left. He is still growing as a player, a man, and a superstar he needs time. Kobe, has alot of years on those legs, he won't keep this up too much longer. He is the best player in the league, but I still dislike him.

Kobe, hands down. He is the finisher. I think Charley put it best. But I still like Mrs. Kobe Bryant better :thumbs:

Just my 2 cents.

cool.gif

Well, yeah, a desire to win, and an All Star caliber big man, and great supporting cast. Let’s not forget that the 3 seasons in between Shaq and Gasol, Kobe lead the Lakers to a 121-125 record, whined like a little bitch, and demanded to be traded. I’m not saying that necessarily takes away from him being a great player, but he’s won when he’s had a great supporting cast.

How good would we think Kobe is if over the last 3-4 years if the best big men on his team were: Shaq(5 years past his prime), Ben Wallace, Ilgauskas, Varejao. And the other guards on your team are: Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, Delonte West, etc. I still think LeBron can win multiple titles, but he’s going to have to have his “Robin”. Pair him with a player like Scottie Pippen, Shaq in his prime, Gasol, etc. and I think he dominates both the regular season and the playoffs.

Add to that the fact that LeBron’s teammates actually seem to like him, unlike Kobe. I seriously think half the guys on the Lakers would punch Kobe in the face if they thought they could get away with it.

Add to that the fact that LeBron’s teammates actually seem to like him, unlike Kobe. I seriously think half the guys on the Lakers would punch Kobe in the face if they thought they could get away with it.

They don't like LeBron. It's just that his mom is easy.

If you take emotion out of it...and make the choice based on performance rather than who you like or dislike or what team you like or dislike, I find it hard to believe this discussion could include anyone but Lebron and Kobe. They're in a league of their own right now, and no one else is up to their standard....some are close....but none are at their level.

That being said, I have to go with Kobe.

Lebron is a physical speciman who can do things no other player can do, but he lacks the consistency and ability to make it happen when it counts like Kobe has always had and proven over time.

Kobe has consistently proven, over the years and in championships, that when he wants to take over a game.....he can, and no one can stop him. Lebron has demonstrated that as well, but not nearly as often or with as much consistency.

Lebron hasn't had a supporting cast, yeah, well I'm not even talking about championship rings. I don't really use that to measure who's better....that's more of a factor in "who's had a more successful career".

Looking at it objectively, I think Kobe has the edge.

How can you say Lebron doesn't have a supporting cast? The Cavs have had the best W/L record in the NBA the last two seasons. That doesn't just happen by accident. Their failure in the playoffs has to fall on their best player (Lebron). When they need him to step up he rarely does. When they need the "big shot" he won't take it (unless he's wide open). He never tries to split the double team or shot over tight coverage. He will instead pass the ball to another man and put the burden on that guy to win the game for the team. I'm sorry, but an MVP just doesn't do that. As a matter of fact, Lebron shouldn't have even won the MVP this year or last. Kobe should should have won it last year and Durrant should have won it this year.

Lebrons problem is not his supporting cast, it is his heart. He has no rings and Kobe has 4, but tell me this, durring the course of these playoffs, which of these two guys appeared to want it more? Which one looked hungrier? Which one looked like he was ready to go home when his team was down? Which one let his team roll over and die when they were up against a tough opponet?

Magic never quit, Bird never quit, Jordan never quit. It didn't matter what the situation or who the opponet was. Those guys always believed they could win.

Kobe has that.

Lebron does not.

cool.gif

Lebrons problem is not his supporting cast, it is his heart. He has no rings and Kobe has 4, but tell me this, durring the course of these playoffs, which of these two guys appeared to want it more? Which one looked hungrier? Which one looked like he was ready to go home when his team was down? Which one let his team roll over and die when they were up against a tough opponet?

Magic never quit, Bird never quit, Jordan never quit. It didn't matter what the situation or who the opponet was. Those guys always believed they could win.

Kobe has that.

Lebron does not.

cool.gif

Charley, I totally agree with you.
Look at game six when Cavs lost to Celtics. I didn't see LeBron want to win that game that bad.
And even worst, I didn't see LeBron feel bad when he lost that game.