• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who steals cigars?!

While I keep my island humidor in the living room and my everything else humidor behind the bar. My wife always makes sure they're locked whenever any company is expected. You just never know......... :angry:

I'd confront him.

Chirs,

I was in a house with 22 guys. One of them kept using my personal hygiene items, like the tooth past. I asked around and finally found the individual. I asked him to stop, but no luck. So I went out picked up a nice new tube, squeezed a little out and put it with the rest of the items. OH! I ALSO SPNAKED A LOAD INTO MY HAND A PUT AS MUCH IN THE TUBE AS I COULD.

Well after about a week, I made sure to tell one of the guys what I had done loud enough for every one to here.

That cleared up all my troubles with that issue. :whistling:

Ah hahahahaha Jay, that is CLASSIC! I'd say that earns the title of "Revenge to the MAX!"
Chris

Inexcusable, a basic failure in distinguishing right from wrong. Tell your roommate and his old man to take a hike.

-Mark

Put an empty cigar box on the humi with a sign that says "cigars, $10" and keep $5 sticks in it as a reminder to the guy.

This is an excellent reply..i feel exactly the same way. The high road is always the road less traveled and usually the most rewarding. Your out of there soon, I would not let this ruin the last couple months there.

Take the high road.
For all you know, his dad might be giving you a box for graduation. ;)

Take the high road for sure. Your time there is short and you attend a school that is BIG on connections. Ask the roomie to find out which stick hid Dad liked best as you were thinking of picking him up a few sticks because the end of the semester is near and you enjoy meeting other cigar aficioanados. Here's the risk, he tells you the Opus wa great you buy some Fuentes you can afford, gift them, and the old man is a scumbag OR the guy says he liked the Acids, you buy the guy a couple of Kuba Kuba, the old man shows up with a box of Opus the next week & lets you know the inside scoop on an internship at his prestigious Law Firm & asks you to stop by the office next week to go over your nerw position. HEY - It could happen. Either way, YOU are the bigger MAN!

Chirs,

I was in a house with 22 guys. One of them kept using my personal hygiene items, like the tooth past. I asked around and finally found the individual. I asked him to stop, but no luck. So I went out picked up a nice new tube, squeezed a little out and put it with the rest of the items. OH! I ALSO SPNAKED A LOAD INTO MY HAND A PUT AS MUCH IN THE TUBE AS I COULD.

Well after about a week, I made sure to tell one of the guys what I had done loud enough for every one to here.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Jay that has got to be the most disgustingly hilarious thing I've heard in a long time!

I'm glad to see so many people were as bothered by this type of behavior as I am.

This reverberates because disrespect for other people's private property has become epidemic in this country. Why?

While I'd be pissed as all hell, I think locking your humi is the most efficient and low-key way to get your point across. Just make sure to keep the key hidden!

Now, if you wish to go above and beyond the call of duty and smash a glass bottle on his head as he walks through the door, well, that might get your point across too!

I would find this incredibly offputting. My suitemates know that they can always ask for a smoke when we herf, but they also know that they better not to go near my humis w/o asking. This kid's dad seems like a real unsavory character.

I would politely ask the dad to explain himself the next time you see him.

Chirs,

Now how am I ever gonna be able to smoke those short churchills?

Take the high road.
For all you know, his dad might be giving you a box for graduation. ;)

Take the high road for sure. Your time there is short and you attend a school that is BIG on connections. Ask the roomie to find out which stick hid Dad liked best as you were thinking of picking him up a few sticks because the end of the semester is near and you enjoy meeting other cigar aficioanados. Here's the risk, he tells you the Opus wa great you buy some Fuentes you can afford, gift them, and the old man is a scumbag OR the guy says he liked the Acids, you buy the guy a couple of Kuba Kuba, the old man shows up with a box of Opus the next week & lets you know the inside scoop on an internship at his prestigious Law Firm & asks you to stop by the office next week to go over your nerw position. HEY - It could happen. Either way, YOU are the bigger MAN!

Agreed. Although it is BS that he did that in the first place.

That sucks man - I hate people who impose like that!

I keep cigars that I don't mind sharing in my VinoTemp and a small CAO Vision humidor (The I-Humidor. :laugh:) out where people can get to it. I keep the good stuff in the coolerdor in my bedroom. My roommates have been informed that anyone can grab what they want out of the fridge or humi, but to drop a few bucks into the humi if I'm not around.

If I'm around I'm usually perfectly willing to pass out cigars for free. But when I'm gone I like them to pay - not because I am worried about the money, but having to pay will keep them from getting 1/3 through a cigar, then reaching for another, then reaching for another, etc. Every time I get home I see 4 or 5 barely-smoked cigars sitting in the Stinky out front. I just head over to the humi and pull out the $15 or $20 they usually leave. :thumbs:

I still haven't said anything... and I'm leanin' towards not sayin' anything. I honestly could NOT see this guy coming with a box for me for graduation since his son's not graduating and thus has to leave a whole week before grad, so he won't even be here for it. However, I still think I'm not gunna say anything. However, who knows when it comes down to me actually seein' the guy mid-may...
Chris

Ok, so I'm in college and have a random roommate that was assigned to me. His father comes to visit one day and I hear he smokes so I offer him a favorite of mine to try, he thanks me, and that was that. Two months go by and he's come round several times (mostly while I'm off having fun) since he lives close. Either way, I ask my roommate "Did you ever hear from your dad about whether he liked that cigar?" His response, "Oh, you have no idea, he's enjoyed a couple." So I'm like "huh?" He goes on to tell me about how whenever his dad's here he pretty much helps himself to my humidor!? What the heck is a 50-something year old dude doing stealing sticks from a college kid!? Or stealing sticks in general!? Especially from someone whom his son should have known all he would have to do was ask and I would have said "sure." But no, I hear about this much later without ever being asked and now I have NO idea what's missing...
Some people... I just don't get 'um...
Chris

now that sucks....and from a parent no less!.....but what you should do is when you leave your room, place a note IN YOUR HUMIDOR telling this A-hole (or anyone else for that matter) to replace what he takes....which is what he should have done all along......OR STAY THE F*CK OUT!.... It would have been a nice surprise to come back to your room and seen a few premium smokes in there as a gift for being so generous to him to begin with! I just sent my son back to college with his first humi and I warned him of this, he locks his in his room locker...which sucks because you really want it in plain sight to enjoy and strike up conversation....but then again, ya' live and learn.

I still haven't said anything... and I'm leanin' towards not sayin' anything. I honestly could NOT see this guy coming with a box for me for graduation since his son's not graduating and thus has to leave a whole week before grad, so he won't even be here for it. However, I still think I'm not gunna say anything. However, who knows when it comes down to me actually seein' the guy mid-may...
Chris

If someone stole sticks from my walk-in, and I caught them, there'd be a new paint job on our maroon walls if the guy was unrepentant. Well, probably not that far. But I'd be pissed, to be sure.

Stealing is a base, base way to satisfy wants, and there is hardly an excuse to justify it. To take what someone else has worked for/payed for and get it for nothing is lowly.

-Jess.