• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who's interested in a CP Herf?

Can you make it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well here is the deal! I have to mark down my vacations for the year by Sat. If we don't have a date, then I won't be able to say for sure I can make it. I'm willing to get some of my buds that live in vegas to help secure a venue and such... but?

It's like the last couple of times... everyone wants to talk, but no-one wants to commit.

I can do March 20, as someone suggested, but I won't be free after that until May 29, so it probably won't work for me. I would suggest that in the future, we set the date well in advance, say six months or a year, and make it an annual event. With that much lead time, it would be a lot easier for people to protect the date on their calendars and for the organizers to make arrangements. Anyway, that's my .02.

Take care, Bacchus

That's Easter. Bad for the family kinda people like myself. Who would hide the eggs ...lol! Now if Easter bothers anyone else besides myself, Then How about the 23-24th of April?

Can't do anything in April or May until the 29th, Memorial Day Weekend. Can do June. If that is too far off, I understand. Do it whenever the most people can do it. If it looks like it will fall through again, why not pick a date in June, July, August or September that you and Rod can agree upon, and let the rest of us worry about getting there. With enough lead time, I think that most people who want to attend will be able to make arrangements. My .02.

You can't please everybody, but with enough lead time, you should be able to please enough bodies. :)

Later in April would work great for me. Actually I could probly make any weekend in April. Plus the weather in Vegas is near perfect that time of year :thumbs:

Didn't know that was Easter weekend, in that case, I can't make it either. How about sometime in May? May is free for me, so you guys pick a date. June is also good.

At this rate... it'll me June. Maybe July. Heck... lets just push it to Thanksgiving! :D

May is good. Early is better.

Rod said:
Now that we have interest in a herf this year, who is willing to help put it all together? I do not have any experience putting a herf together, so if we can get a group to coordinate this event, it just might happen!
Just some advice, if you can get firm committals from people, along with the names, addresses, etc., you can work out package deals with any Vegas hotel, which will likely lower the cost, as well as putting everyone in the same approximate area.

I've also organized similar things for other ventures, and I'd advise that you pick a date, say "This is the weekend" rather than trying to get a consensus on when people can go (because that's pretty much impossible). Set a date, and let people work around their own schedules (if they can) and see who is firmly committed to going.

Set the date at least 2 months in advance, so people can make arrangements to be there.

Have deadlines that you'll need committals in by, and also have deadlines for receiving the checks for the rooms (if you're doing a group-rate buy). Have a higher "after this date" price for going to the Herf, both because people coming in late makes hell for organizing things, and because it will cause people who are going to go to commit earlier.

As part of the Herf fee (which pays for your time organizing it, pays for the rooms if you do a group buy), have some of it set aside to go for a primo box of smokes that everyone who participates in the Herf gets a stick or two from. You could also make up some nice CP t-shirts to commemorate the Herf, again, part of the Herf fee -- it doesn't cost a whole lot to have some decent t's done up.

If you approach it from this point of view, with some amenities exclusive to Herf-goers, a firm date that people plan around, firm dates for committing, a Herf fee to cover the special amenities given to Herf-goers, and possibly a group-buy on the hotel stays, I think you can get a good number of people who will show up.

If I had a date to plan against, I'd certainly do my best to attend, for what it's worth.

:lookup: :thumbs:

My Schedule in April/May/June is somewhat flexible, so set the date, as far out as possible and I'll do everything I can to be there. I love all the ideas. I just want the most people and the most fun at the lease cost!

So again I say: :lookup: :thumbs:

Moki great post, great ideas, just plain great. The problem is... we have been trying for several years and can't even get 5 people just to go and sit at a table together, much less print shirts and all that hooplah!

It's apparent that we will not get a mega herf scheduled if we don't plan at least 6-months to year in advance and have the big dogs ring lead it!

I'm left with April 23rd and 24th as the only spot for myself for a Vegas herf. I can't get to Vegas again until the weekend of the Big Smoke in Nov. So with that said if anyone wants to go to Vegas that particular weekend please post and PM me. I'll get something started in another thread then. Rod... Say that works for you bro! :thumbs: Room rates won't be bad then either. If it doesn't work for anyone, that's cool. I'll do something else.

I can't do April 23 and 24, but please don't let that stop you. Even if you have a very small herf the first time, you can use it as an organizational opportunity to schedule the next date 6 months or a year down the road. Whoever shows up the first time, will decide when the next herf will be, etc., etc.

If you set it, they will come (with enough advance warning).

Please keep in mind when trying to schedule the herf that some of the air carriers offer their cheapest rates 60 to 90 days in advance. At a minimum, you need to beat the 30 day window.

Take care, Bacchus

I thought it was 21 days prior?

Sounds like Field of Dreams type mantra... if you build it, they will come. Betcha thats true enough. How about Texas? It's the midpoint between both coasts... !!! :D

vewyphishy said:
I thought it was 21 days prior?

Sounds like Field of Dreams type mantra... if you build it, they will come. Betcha thats true enough.
It's just been my experience planning things that for events, if you try to take a consensus, it's just never going to happen. This person will have choir practice that weekend, the next guy has his bowling league the following weekend, and then another guy is having his sphincter tucked the weekend after that, etc, etc.

So what usually happens is the goalposts are constantly moved, pushing the event back and back, and it just never happens. For better or for worse, what I've found is that you set a place, you set a date, you advertise the heck out of it so everyone knows when/where it'll be, and exactly what the deal is... and then people work their schedule around it if they want to/are able to go.

Back