• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why do all my cigars go bad?

Ok so the general consensus it seems is that my weather station remote is not accurate enough, thats an easy fix hygrometer incoming, next is dont use pg on the beads, also easy fix. But what do I use for mold control then?

If you fix the humidity, you won't HAVE mold issues. But if you have mold growing in your humidor, as opposed to just on your cigars, you have a bigger issue to handle. Empty, sand lightly, expose to direct sunlight for awhile, reseason.

~Boar

Ok so the general consensus it seems is that my weather station remote is not accurate enough, thats an easy fix hygrometer incoming, next is dont use pg on the beads, also easy fix. But what do I use for mold control then?
Dynamite is quite thorough but can result in clitoral damage. :)

Seriously, if I were you I would start over from the proverbial "square one".

1. Calibrate digital hygrometer when it arrives.

2. Clean humidor by putting it in direct sunlight for an afternoon(open) and re-acclimate humidor with a bowl of water for three days to a week.

3. Get fresh beads and add only distilled water.

Do these three things and maintain correct bead saturation and you will be fine.

OK, no mold just have had it another humi, lol reference my previous post.

Geez, kinda snippy since Boar is actually actively answering most of your questions, as opposed to giving you the catch-all treatment of "Search is your friend." Which, BTW, you can search for every question you have asked, and they have all been answered ad nauseum. But hey, "lol reference my previous post" smartass.

Geez, kinda snippy since Boar is actually actively answering most of your questions, as opposed to giving you the catch-all treatment of "Search is your friend." Which, BTW, you can search for every question you have asked, and they have all been answered ad nauseum. But hey, "lol reference my previous post" smartass.

alright, first as already stated in this very thread, i am not trying to be a smartass, second i only referenced my last post because someone else already did about the same mold topic, there is no need for hostility.

Dynamite is quite thorough but can result in clitoral damage.

You, ah, talking about "collateral" there, chief? :laugh: :p
No wonder the Spell Check didn't correct me! ;)

So there wasn't really any mold? This has been too confusing. You can skip step #2, in that case.

Just calibrate the hygrometer and buy new beads but use them correctly this time. Viper sends instructions with.

The previous mold I had was in a backup humi that I hadn't checked on in a while. A friend said he needed one so I decided to be a nice guy and give him my backup but when i opened it up MOLD!!!!!!!!!!! That's why i needed to clean it out. The humi in question now has not had that problem.

The previous mold I had was in a backup humi that I hadn't checked on in a while. A friend said he needed one so I decided to be a nice guy and give him my backup but when i opened it up MOLD!!!!!!!!!!! That's why i needed to clean it out. The humi in question now has not had that problem.
I was taught the way of destroying mold in your humidor is to use alcohol.I suggest isopropyl alcohol and a new sponge to wipe the whole inside down. Then allow it to air dry for about a week then re-season it. It worked for me i hope it works for you.
l

alright, first as already stated in this very thread, i am not trying to be a smartass, second i only referenced my last post because someone else already did about the same mold topic, there is no need for hostility.

Not trying to be hostile when I say this but please pay attention to your grammar and punctuation, etc. I may still be a noob myself but I have been around here/read long enough to know that this community prides itself on doing things the right way. That includes posting in an educated manner. I have to echo the "search is your friend" sentiment. It really does answer a lot of questions if you use it.