• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why I Love Cigars

Just a quick example. My old roommate "by best friend" and I had a falling out about 3 weeks ago. It was to the point where the girls were quiet for hours due to the volume and things that were said. Well, We both have a one bedroom apartment now. Well, last night we had a few bourbon and cokes. Had some oreos. We sat out side in lawn chairs and smoked and drank for well over an hour. After that, things were golden.

-Gianni-

I tried eating them and it made me sick. Smoking them is much better.

This is why we don't discuss politics here. Its much more fun to enjoy a cigar together than engaging in combat (with each other).

I really enjoy cigars for many reason, the main one, as dysfunctional as it may be, is that it helps me forget about everything else in my life.

I juts recently graduated college in May, and have since been trying to make a name for myself in the business world working 65 hour weeks and generally being the stereotypical cubical jockey. Recently, my company has suffered through pretty massive layoffs (which I somehow avoided... the first round of). But, as the weather has gotten nicer and I've been able to sit outside and enjoy a few good smokes, I've been able to just light them up and let the worries that plague the rest of my week slide away.

That, and they taste delicious.

Cigar smoke is the only balm that can slow down the ever-churning infernal machinery of my mind.

This is why I love cigars!

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

A fantastic day today on the patio with the wifey and the cats while I enjoyed an AF 858 SG and a nice glass of merlot, okay, okay, it was more like a bottle :sign:

I enjoy cigars because it makes you sit in one place for a while and absorb what's around you along with what you are smoking. On top of that, it kind of exemplifies living in the moment. You only get to smoke that particular cigar once (and many limited edition cigars you may only get to smoke a handful of times ever) so you better pay attention and enjoy it!

Also I enjoy how small and close knit the industry is. I've only been smoking for a couple years and I've met Jesus Fuego (J. Fuego) and I'll be meeting Avo Uvezian this week, and a few others that currently slip my mind. There aren't many industries where the big names are interested in going out and meeting the people that enjoy their life's work. Also there are so many brands to try, its like craft beers. I will never have tried everything.

I am also really lucky to have an awesome B&M within a mile of my house that has a great group of regulars several of which have become very good friends. That shop is the only place I have ever been where engineers, astronauts, bankers, dirt salesmen, lawyers, oilfield workers any any other kind of person sit and interact as equals.

The common thread seems to be good fellowship. None of my close friends smoke cigars, but i belong to a cigar club in santa fe where i have met many smokers. They have then become good friends! Fusilero