• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wifey Slap me back to reality

You guys are killing me! Oh well, at least if I tell her that this board agrees with her, she wouldn't mind less me being here so much lol!
I have to agree, the reason is I wanted to buy my LAST lighter! I have tried a lot of different one all let me down =(
I had many Xikars, Colibri, Rocky Patel (essentially Magic lighters) I even got a Gloria soft flame thingy (from a event). Tomorrow is my day off I am gonna go play with the Corona Lighter! Made in Japan, lifetime warranty AND double soft flame! AND under 120! We might have a winner!

Anyone here as one?

PS:
@ Devil Doc: What is this apparatus?

PS:

Good 'ol flint and steel brother :)

Over the last 40yrs, I have had nothing but bad luck with expensive lighters. Don't do it, it's a waste of money. You're better off with this:

survival%20kit6.jpg

It works every time.

Doc.

That actually reminded me of something I came across on another board (I think BoB forums). A guy was making steel or iron pipe "lighters"...essentially you heat the end up in an open flame and just rest it on top of the tobacco in your pipe to light it. I'll have to see if I can find that again and post it up. Not exactly convenient, but definitely a conversation starter around the camp fire, lol!

YellowSmoke, were you a former cigarette smoker?

I'm with CBoukl, spend the cash on some GOOD cigars and buy a packet of matches.

I use soft flame lighters as well when I smoke indoors. I think many of today's lighters are overpriced and don't last. My suggestion is to look into an old Ronson Varaflame. I have about six or seven of these babies. They are all about 50 years old or more, but they still work great. Getting them serviced is a lot cheaper too.

You guys are killing me! Oh well, at least if I tell her that this board agrees with her, she wouldn't mind less me being here so much lol!
I have to agree, the reason is I wanted to buy my LAST lighter! I have tried a lot of different one all let me down =(
I had many Xikars, Colibri, Rocky Patel (essentially Magic lighters) I even got a Gloria soft flame thingy (from a event). Tomorrow is my day off I am gonna go play with the Corona Lighter! Made in Japan, lifetime warranty AND double soft flame! AND under 120! We might have a winner!

Anyone here as one?

PS:

You take Doc's flint and steel, a dinosaur bone wrapped with whale blubber soaked bear skin, and flick sparks at it 'till you, voila, get flames. :laugh:

When my Blazer died after about a 18 months I decided that as others have said I'd rather spend the money on cigars. Since then two of my lighter purchases were from buylighters.com. I'm pretty sure they were both email combo specials. The first was around two years ago and included a single, double, and triple flame lighter for about $18. I haven't been that impressed with the multi-flame lighters although I did finally get the triple working okay after adjusting the flame height. The single flame on the other hand was a model called the Shark. I've been using it ever since and it works great. The second combo was all single flame lighters for about the same price. I bought it because I wanted a few more singles and it included another Shark.

Anyone here as one?

PS:

You take Doc's flint and steel, a dinosaur bone wrapped with whale blubber soaked bear skin, and flick sparks at it 'till you, voila, get flames. :laugh:

Actually I use birch bark wrapped mouse nests. Whale blubber is difficult to find thanks to the damn animal lovers.

Doc

Some of the fine retailers here give matches for free!!

Spend it all on cigars!!!

I came up with a much better idea, you send me the cigars and I mail you 10 boxes of matches

[sub]OMG I missed this thread, I heard a nasty rumor that matches have the sofest flame. I usually eat re-fried beans and torch my cigars that way but YMMV![/sub]

Fancy lighters are nice and all but I can't justify paying more than $100. More than $50 is pushing it. I own a Colibri that was prolly $30 or $40 and then I have a couple others even cheaper. If I had that budget to work with I'd definitely invest in the smokes or maybe even a new humidor.

Had more than a few expensive lighters. The one that works every time is a torch freebie from Smoke Inn from a box purchase.

What? Everyone else is allowed to lie in this thread... ;)

I've spent a lot of money on lighters over the years, but not anymore. I agree with most everyone here, it's silly to spend that much because they all end up not working in the long run.