• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine Chiller

txmatt

El Cheapo smoker
For the people who do Fridgeadors instead of coolerdors has anyone tried using one of the "wine chiller" type refrigerators? They seem to be dropping in price to where they are only around 20% more expensive than "dorm fridges"

I noticed many of these can be set as high as 65 degrees, and the glass window on the front would allow you to peruse your inventory before opening.

I just saw one and started to think if they would be good. I do worry about beetles since my coolerdor has been hanging around 76+ for the past few months.

Matt

I think there is a big thread about this over at CigarWeekly. Check in there and you'll see about 4 or 5 pages dedicated to this.

There's also some good threads at CF in the Accessory Room. Two of my buddies use them but they both have some problems with condensation. A circulatory fan helps but there's still some condensation along the back wall. I belive they both use the Haier brand of wine fridge.

Wade

wk-mang said:
There's also some good threads at CF in the Accessory Room. Two of my buddies use them but they both have some problems with condensation. A circulatory fan helps but there's still some condensation along the back wall. I belive they both use the Haier brand of wine fridge.

Wade
Wade
What do you use to keep your cigars cool?
I know it's warm and humid year round here

Bill

Yes, a lot of threads on this topic. I just recently got an Avanti 100 bottle. The thing is about 6 feet tall. Slowly starting to fill it up, though. :D

If you search most of the forums you'll find a ton of info about the ups and downs of wine coolers. There are a few items, such as condensation mentioned above, that you need to consider. ??? But, they are extremely price competitive when compared to cooled humidors.

I would only consider recommending one if there is absolutely no way to find a cool place in your home. I, for instance, have a single level home in scottsdale, arizona. The coolest part of the home is sometimes > 80 degrees. Sounds warm, but in the low humidity it's pretty cool, especially when compared to 108 outside. Ok for me, but not my cigars.

Good luck. :)