• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wineador Build

After running for the weekend update: I had 6 84% boveda packs in it for over a week now, after sitting for the weekend were running a little on the high side, holding strong at 77% Im going to pull those packs out today and drop in some 72%s and see what that does. (just a update)

I'm confused you put 84% seasoning packs in there currently with your cigars in there?

I had the 84s in there while I added my first batch of smokes because, being made from plastic there wasnt much to hold the moisture in the cooler. When the compressor turned on and off it played with the RH a bit. Now there is some cedar and smokes in there to hold the moisture in. It doesnt move around but 2 % tops. I left the 84s in there because last week after adding the smokes it dropped to 60 62% Then leveled out at 68 - 70 for 3 days. I figured it needed the 84s to keep it at 70 due to the compressor, and the lack of smokes in the cooler to hold the RH at a nice spot. I was planning on adding more smokes this week and dropping in the 72 packs. But after coming in today it was 77, I will be doing this today. So the short answer to your question is YES I do have 84s in there with some smokes.

So I just turned my TEMP down 1 degree so the compressor turned on, because it was cold in the shop it was running. and the RH dropped back to 70% and holding. More updates tonight.

What RH are you looking for in the cooler?  If you are running at about 70% with the packs out, I would just run the cooler with no humidification device and see what happens.

FYI that unit doesn't have a compressor! You shop is is comfort controlled you should just leave the Cooling system off. The Boveda packs in my opinion are not strong enough to recover or hold humidity when that unit comes on.

I see, good input. Im looking for 70 72% Well Compressor no compressor, the (COOLER) when it clicks on and off to change the temp or MAINTAIN the temp drops the rh a little. Im holding strong still at 70 72% right now at 65 degrees. Whats the best temp? 65 - 70? or does it not really matter as long is its under 70?

Hmmm right now... you are correct, well actually I guess you are right my shop is climate controlled, but I have it on......hmmmm because I can I guess? WHY NOT? I understand what you are saying. Once I get it stocked and leveled out with 72 packs in it I think having the cooling on will help it stay even? More CONTROLLED environment? I don't know lol its a wineador I feel cool having it on.... Ill see what happens over the next few days or weeks, once I stock it more...and if its screwing around ill shut it off and see what happens. IM NOT, NOT listening to your advice, Im as usual experimenting that's all.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10847]

Slowly building a stock. ( Just a little update for who ever gives a shit haha )

The first humidor is almost always not big enough. and maybe the second one also.

Big puff :thumbs: