• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wireless Humidity Monitor

Danforz

Hey guys,

I have a Honeywell humidity monitor. The display and everything is nice, however, it fluctuates greatly over the most minute % change in humidity. For instance, 70%RH = 75% on the unit. 71%RH = 77% on the unit. 72%RH = 77-79% on the unit. For anyone interested in the sucker, I'd avoid it and search for a more reliable one.

On that note, can anyone recommend one of these that really works and can be calibrated?

The one I bought can't be calibrated but it has never let me down. I bought 65% beads from Heartfelt and stuck this hygro in there and it's very consistent. Always reads at 65%. I bought it from Wally World for $6.43. I saw it and just thought "What could this hurt?". Worst thing is it's gonna be off and I wasted $6.43.

I use a wireless hygrometer that I picked up from RadioShack.....iirc it was about $30and came with two sending units and one monitoring station, it has the capability to add another sending unit. It has performed well in both the cooler and the humi. My only complaint is the sending unit is a little big, but it works.

I've had good luck with Oregon Scientific (Link). Right now I have only two sensors running. It has the capacity to handle three. The sensors are pretty accurate... one reads a point lower and both salt tested at around 65%. Found mine at Tuesday Morniung on the clearance rack!

mac

I use an Oregon Scientific as well. Got mine on Ebay. Works great.

Seth

I am damned please with the Oregon Scientific wireless setup I bought from Mark at Cigarmony. You can read about my setup here.

Wilkey

I am damned please with the Oregon Scientific wireless setup I bought from Mark at Cigarmony. You can read about my setup here.

Wilkey
From 0 to +2 offset is excellent Wilkey. To be honest, I have never salt checked mine individually, I have simply swapped them around to see if there's a variation in the readings.
One was good, the other +1, good enough for me.

Brian

That looks like a fancy repackaging of the standard OS 3-channel guts. If you like green, you'll probably be quite happy with it.

Wilkey

I scored one from Wally World thats holding up all right.

See here.

The first one did have an issue communicating with the base but it wasnt a problem exchanging it and the 2nd one has been humming along ever since.

I havent salt tested it as I use beads and just watch for a change in humidity, which is usually never as its in my coolidor which sees less traffic.

I picked up this wireless weather station from a local Canadian store:

82c17k6.jpg

It works reasonably well, just tested it again last week and found it to be only +1% off. YMMV.

I use two kinds of monitors that I already had but stopped using them for my wine cabinet(after realizing it was ridiculously stable)
My favorite is like everyone else an Oregon Scientific...but I use the Starck model w/ matching sensor... I picked it up a couple years ago for the design, atomic clock and the full weather station that it has...I just wish I picked up more sensors back then since they are hard to find..I think they are being phased out (the Starck medium music clock w/ remote sensor is on sale directly from oregon scientific for a ridiculous price right now :D )
The base uses either 4AA or the power adapter, the sensor uses 2AAA and is extremely accurate, can handle 3 sensors but like I said hard to find..it does everything you might want + more with style hehe
PSM03A-Y_lg.jpg

My "workhorse" monitor is a Taylor 1458 base with 3 1459 sensors...no nonsense temp and RH only with a Min/Max memory which you can clear and reset at any time...can handle up to 3 sensors...the temps were accurate(but less than the Starck) the RH...is kinda sloppy so salt test is required...the base was 23% off, 1 sensor was 17% off and the other 2 sensors were 4% but once you know...its all good
The base & sensors both use 2AA which is great since the Sanyo Eneloop AA's are just AMAZING! the LSD(low self discharge) batteries are revolutionary...and a 8 pack can be had at a great price on Amazon :laugh:
taylor.jpg

DOH DOH DOH
I shoulda looked around for that coupon :( :rolleyes:

I love my large Starck but at that price I had to pull the trigger on the medium one also...but with the coupon its definitely a MUST buy for the quality and amount of functions it has!!
Great find on the coupon code :thumbs:

Gizzy - Thanks for the heads up on the great deal from Oregon Scientific. Not only was it discounted, but if you use coupon code webthx07, you get an additional $ 10 off. That covered the shipping. :D

Edit to add link:

https://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/brow...id=2&scid=5

I bit too... for $20 why not. Having been victem to humidity issues multiple times I feel like you can NEVER have too many hygrometers. In my case, I'll have 5 in my Antiem :)

Mine arrived yesterday. I set up and it is working great. For $ 20.00, I think it is definitely worth the investment.

Wilkey

The wireless hydrometer is what we call the "latest and greatest" in the technology sector. I wish I bought one earlier.
Right now I'm using the one found on Cigarmony website. 2 AA and 2AAA is all you need. In case if you are wondering, it comes with 1 remote sensor. With one button press I can read the
humidity in the coolerdor without opening. Awesome! :thumbs:

mine came yesterday also :thumbs:
liked it soo much(even tho its the smaller size and a bit harder to read compared to the Large model I already have) I went back and ordered 2 more as presents hehe thanks for the code cookie ^_^

here's a quick view of the size difference
starck.jpg

MIne just came in as well. The readings for humidity are spot on! Highly recommended!