• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wish me luck

My whynter did well for years, and when the Tstat went flaky I supplemented a Johnson controls that goes inline on the ac. My whynter also would reset to 50 degrees when power went out. The Johnson unit solved that problem also.

The temperature shift seemed to play havoc with humidity - or at least the humidity readings.

Note: I have two Johnson units. Probe on one went out, and had to replace probe which was easily found on ebay.

I now am using only the larger wineador  for cigas and have placed the whynter into beverage cooler duty for stout.

5002988a0c06325d9af7965d289653fc.jpg

Other humidor is returned, whynter is up and running, couldn't be happier.

looks great.

The hotter it is in summer, the more often have to refill the active water containers in the large wineador, which is a compressor unit.

The whynter, due to it being thermoelectric is a lot better but stil required more attention to the beads if house temps rose a bit.

Probably on my mind due to the fact my two stage AC compressor is 14 years old and has now failed into a one stage unit, and going to have to replace the whole system.

My Whynter served well for five years as a wineador. You look like you've got yours nicely set up.