• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOAM

I bought a box of Anjeo 48's not to long ago, only 4 were mold free.. But hey I had a box of 55's and a box of 46's to tide me over....

An update for all of you. It took me an hour to wipe off each one of these WOAM. They seem to be settling down and are resting in a spare humi of mine.

I still haven't heard from the vendor. I think it might be Monday before they contact me. I'll be sure to post their response. :( ??? ;)

opus129.jpg

opus133.jpg

opus134.jpg

I'm a noob, but I'd be reluctant to smoke anything with mold on it.
Don't forget that nicotine is one of the most deadly poisons and used as an insecticide until DDT replaced it. Mold is nothing by comparison! ;)

NOOOOOOOO They’re all covered in WHITE MOLD!!

I think this is common with WOAM's I bought a few from the B&M and I thought it was plume until I took the cello off and it was mold. Lukily it wiped off fairly easy and still smoked well.

I ordered some Diamond Crown CFW Figurado No. 6 and all were covered with the dreaded white stuff :( . I wiped them all off, put them all in a cedar box, and stuck them in my humi. This was about 6 months ago, the mold hasn't come back and they smoke GREAT! :D

If you want a guinnea pig to make sure they are safe addy is in the profile.... =D

Is it against the rules to post the name of the vendor. I think that if they don't give you a refund or offer some type of help then we should know who this is so as to avoid the same mistake. If I'm wrong please let me know ???

Is it against the rules to post the name of the vendor. I think that if they don't give you a refund or offer some type of help then we should know who this is so as to avoid the same mistake. If I'm wrong please let me know ???

I was gonna let this go since I got them for so cheap, but this has really ticked me off.

The vendor in question apparently has some email trouble. Sent two emails out and never heard back. Then I open my email today and find a “Special” being offered from their site.

Superior Cigar has some great prices, but piss poor customer service.

I had a similar situation not long ago. Got a box (not WOAMs) for a helluva price, and they were all covered with white mold. I called the vendor up, and the guy immediately said, "That's plume. It happens on aged cigars." I told him it was globs of white fuzz. I even asked him if it's possible to get plume on the inside of the box lid. He said, "Yes."

So I went the same route as you; cleaned them off and isolated them. So far, they're fine, but they don't taste as good as ones I've had in the past. I don't know what's up with that. Anyway, my main point here is that I won't ever do business with that particular vendor again.

I was gonna let this go since I got them for so cheap, but this has really ticked me off.

The vendor in question apparently has some email trouble. Sent two emails out and never heard back. Then I open my email today and find a “Special” being offered from their site.

[/quote]
Thanks for the info now I know who NOT to buy from :thumbs:

The prices on that web site a quite high imo, you may want to try contacting them again as I know quite a few vendors got WOAM's in this week.

Hemi maduro's in my experiances with mold on them taste foul!
If its caught early,it wont affect the taste but those look old and in terrible shape.I wouldnt even have wasted a minute and have sent them back asap.

I remember getting a box of H.Upmann 160 aniversary from CI ....the mold was not only on the cover but it was also in the filler.

I would definetly send those back! ...or get a replacement box.

I read this thread with a sinking feeling in my stomach.

It took me a week to work up the courage to fish a nine month old unopened box of WOAM from the bottom of my humi.

Ripped off the shrink wrap and.......no mold, gars look fine.

I do think from now on, I will open boxes to check the gars before putting them down for long term aging-thanks for the tip.