• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wood Matches

MTovarez

Michael
I have questions regarding wood matches for the community:

1. Are there wood matches that are especially made for cigars?

2. Where do you buy your matches?

3. Where can I find long wood matches for sale?

Thanks in advance for the help.

O.K. I am not very good with internet type computer skills, or I wouldhave provided some better info.
I do believe that Arango Cigar sells, through retailers, a sulpher free, wooden, cigar match. I think they are about 4 inches long.

I've heard of using either cedar matches or lighting the end of a strip of cedar (called a spill) and lighting it that way.

TampaSupremo

I use cedar strips to light my stogies and sometimes I use a butane lighter.

I will keep my eyes peeled for the Arango ones, and ponder the Davidoffs. I've heard of cedar spills but never of cedar matches. Interesting.

Right now, I light the match, let the chemicals on the tip burn off, then slowly toast the head of the cigar. I'll stick to that while looking more into these leads.

Thanks guys. :)

I got a box of matches at a Ashton tasting with their logo on them...not cedar but sulfur free tips....they had about 30 matches in each box. I was looking for them as a travel thing or something to bring to a cigar bar and I came across this website...

ForYourParty

They have:

Tiffany Cigar Match Box - 3.31" l X 1.44" w X .38" h
Number of match sticks: 15
Match stick length: 3.13"
light brown with non-sulfur

You can put a logo on them...$1.90 each, so $95.00 for 50 boxes.

The Davidoff is probably a better way to go cost wise...they have 40 sticks versus this place at 15 per box.

Jack Schwartz carries the Arango ones and the Davidoff...

You can use a regular wooden match too, just let the sulfur burn off before lighting your cigar...those are free at most B&Ms

You'll just want to make sure that they're long matches. From experience, I can say that trying to light a cigar well with those short length wooden matches that B&M's will pass out really really sucks. You're better off using one of those cheap large butane soft flames or a torch.

The Arango ones are sulfer-free. Also, you might want to look around your local hardware stores or something. I have these about 1' foot long safety matches (I guess that are used to light grills or candles?) that I'll sometimes just let the sulfur burn off of and then use. Length does matter here because it means you'll have less interruptions when you're toasting your cigar.

Jack Schwartz carries the Arango ones and the Davidoff...

Where are they on there website, or are they even listed? I figured that'd probably something small in the store.

Also, my B&M gives out these Davidoff Giant Cigar Matches, and every time they are giving them out, I ask for a couple of extra boxes. I love using a long match compared to any torch lighter. :thumbs: I'll be checking out the Arango.