• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Woohoo! She Passed!

Gonz

Ultra Runner
I can't even begin to say how happy, relieved and excited I am to announce that my wife is now a "Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology". After 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency and 100 hour weeks, and 2 1/2 years practicing (and studying) she sat for her final oral board examination last week and the results showed up today! This is the final hurdle that we have been dreading and yet anticipating for the last couple years. And failure to pass that exam would have meant a very possible loss of employment for her, plus the shame and humiliation of all that hard work down the drain.

We'll be celebrating this weekend like it's 1999!

And I need your help! I have it narrowed down to 2 choices out of the wine cellar and need some help in deciding.

In one corner I have a 1996 d'Arenberg "The Dead Arm" Shiraz and in the other corner I have a 1996 Duckhorn Vineyards Cabenet.

I think perhaps we'll drink both over the weekend, but what should I choose for tonight? And I don't even know where to start in picking out a couple cigars for the weekend...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Man that is sweet. Sounds like all that hard work is going to pay off, congrats!

As far as the wine, the only one I have tried is The Dead Arm and it was fantastic. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!

Congrats to her, I know how important that is to her career. Open both, congrats to you too on finding such a smart lady! :D

Open the 1996 Duckhorn Vineyards Cabernet, quite elegant for this type of celebration, then hit the Shriaz later in the evening. We'll join you the celebration and congratulations for all the hard work, both of you!

:cool:

Dude, that is so sweet.
Drink 'em both tonight. THe Shiraz will go well with a 2AM Opus!

Congrats to the two of you. i'm sure you sacrificed some to. Party Hearty!!!!! Hell give her an Opus. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

AWSOME!

And... you might want to let her choose. Who the hell are we?

Give her( and you) my sincerest congrats!! School no matter how long you are in it, takes guts, patience and hard work....she is now well-rewareded! Again, congrats! Celebrate like it truly is 1999!

Melly

Congrats to both you and your lady!

I fear the "Cabenet" might be fake though... :p

Congrats!! What an accomplishment!

Have a great weekend.

Ken

Way to go!!!! congrats. As for the wine. DRINK BOTH

Congrats!!

IMHO, you should definitely go with the Duckhorn. I have always been a huge fan of Duckhorn, and in my wine room have some bottles nearing the 15 year old range. Duckhorn and Grgich Hills are some of my faves. Have a few bottles of the 1987 Grgich that I'm still hanging on to.

Definitely go for the Duckhorn and again, congrats!!

I can't even begin to say how happy, relieved and excited I am to announce that my wife is now a "Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology". After 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency and 100 hour weeks, and 2 1/2 years practicing (and studying) she sat for her final oral board examination last week and the results showed up today! This is the final hurdle that we have been dreading and yet anticipating for the last couple years. And failure to pass that exam would have meant a very possible loss of employment for her, plus the shame and humiliation of all that hard work down the drain.

We'll be celebrating this weekend like it's 1999!

And I need your help! I have it narrowed down to 2 choices out of the wine cellar and need some help in deciding.

In one corner I have a 1996 d'Arenberg "The Dead Arm" Shiraz and in the other corner I have a 1996 Duckhorn Vineyards Cabenet.

I think perhaps we'll drink both over the weekend, but what should I choose for tonight? And I don't even know where to start in picking out a couple cigars for the weekend...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: