• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Working Mans Pass

emodx

Banned
Since the site went down I didn't want to send it off before the site was up and stable. I'll try and send it out Monday.

Emo

Perhaps a reposting of the order and inventory would be appropriate due to recent mishaps. :lookup:

Dave ;)

rknicker said:
Ya, please post the lineups. I need to know when I should get excited.
I don't have a line up of the cigars as that was lost on the last server and I didn't open the box to write all the cigars down again. But here is the pass order:

Shuji TX (enroute 0301 0120 0006 7639 3900)
Vewyphishy TX
Phil CA
Steve R MN
Rknicker MI
Alosttexan OH
Styx&Stoned OH
Ellman PA
Lumberg MD
Coventrycat CT
Home Key West FL
I really wanted to get this out last Friday but life happens. I didn't enclose a put and take sheet. Everyone just post here your puts and takes. Please follow the rules I enclosed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. And please, don't sweat the puts and takes too much. Just have fun!
Emo

Moved to [Cigar Passes In Progress] as requested.

Dave ;)

Steve*R said:
I had to register again, but I am ready and waiting for the pass.

Steve*R
Sweet, I was just about to go over to Herfers Paradise and send ya a message.

Emo

This seems to have come in today (I believe)

But due to the way my apartment complex works, I have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow. :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOO

I love being last :D

Tanks Emo :)

Could you re-post the initial starting line up of cigars?

I wish I could but the box is gone. I didn't re-open the box b4 I sent it out.

Emo

I have a suggestion and I hope that it is taken well by all the participants of the Working Man's Pass. I'm not much of a box passer, but I have been involved in trading for many years, and have come to realize that equal for equal or close to equal is always the best policy. There will always be someone who goes overboard in a trade, not certain what is appropriate to send, so they send too much. The receiver often doesn't know what to think, or is embarrassed by the one sided deal. I've really grown quite tired of those who publically laud over a trade because their counterpart sent them cigars to excess. It's one thing to send a gift, without strings, to another Cigar Lover, quite another to be excessive in a trade.

I've read a few threads in this forum and have seen pass participants modestly take a few cigars, and put many more cigars of a higher quality in the pass to the next person. It strikes me that this is not in the spirit of box passes. A pass is for comeraderie, friendship, and new tastings, not oneupmanship nor apprehension. I believe the host bag is for the host, and is exclusive of the pass. And I think people should keep in mind that folks at the tail end of the pass have more freight to pay if people are excessive.

As I wrote on the CP board before the host snafu, I've been retired for over three years, have smoked cigars for over 40 years, and can usually smoke and buy whatever I want. As I've gotten older, my sense of taste and discrimination has appreciably declined, much to my happiness, and I've found that many cigars I'd have scoffed at ten years ago are quite fine today.

I've been to enough "blind" cigar and wine tastings to know that even the experts aren't always sure how to separate the **** from shinola. I still laugh at one expert waxing poetically over an unbanded Villazon double corona and glass of unmarked Dow's Ruby port, while deriding a first release Davidoff Millenium and a Cockburn's '77 Vintage.

Steve*R said:
I have a suggestion and I hope that it is taken well by all the participants of the Working Man's Pass. I'm not much of a box passer, but I have been involved in trading for many years, and have come to realize that equal for equal or close to equal is always the best policy. There will always be someone who goes overboard in a trade, not certain what is appropriate to send, so they send too much. The receiver often doesn't know what to think, or is embarrassed by the one sided deal. I've really grown quite tired of those who publically laud over a trade because their counterpart sent them cigars to excess. It's one thing to send a gift, without strings, to another Cigar Lover, quite another to be excessive in a trade.

I've read a few threads in this forum and have seen pass participants modestly take a few cigars, and put many more cigars of a higher quality in the pass to the next person. It strikes me that this is not in the spirit of box passes. A pass is for comeraderie, friendship, and new tastings, not oneupmanship nor apprehension. I believe the host bag is for the host, and is exclusive of the pass. And I think people should keep in mind that folks at the tail end of the pass have more freight to pay if people are excessive.

As I wrote on the CP board before the host snafu, I've been retired for over three years, have smoked cigars for over 40 years, and can usually smoke and buy whatever I want. As I've gotten older, my sense of taste and discrimination has appreciably declined, much to my happiness, and I've found that many cigars I'd have scoffed at ten years ago are quite fine today.

I've been to enough "blind" cigar and wine tastings to know that even the experts aren't always sure how to separate the **** from shinola. I still laugh at one expert waxing poetically over an unbanded Villazon double corona and glass of unmarked Dow's Ruby port, while deriding a first release Davidoff Millenium and a Cockburn's '77 Vintage.
Well said. :thumbs:

I agree that this should not be about trying to show up the next man (or women as the case may be), but I also feel that in the wonderful world of cigar lovers, a number of people simply give from there heart. In my years of smoking I have found cigar smokers are very nice and giving people. Normally a fellow smoker adds extra to express the passion and love for what has become for myself a hobby.

So I agree lets not cause someone to need a personal moving truck to keep the pass going. However, lets not lose sight of the good hearted intentions that lead to the excessive number cigars in a box problem.

Also any gars exceeding the allowed number can and should be broken down into a smaller package and mailed here to Atlanta. C.O.D. of course. :love:

m3

maduro357 said:
I agree that this should not be about trying to show up the next man (or women as the case may be), but I also feel that in the wonderful world of cigar lovers, a number of people simply give from there heart. In my years of smoking I have found cigar smokers are very nice and giving people. Normally a fellow smoker adds extra to express the passion and love for what has become for myself a hobby.

So I agree lets not cause someone to need a personal moving truck to keep the pass going. However, lets not lose sight of the good hearted intentions that lead to the excessive number cigars in a box problem.

Also any gars exceeding the allowed number can and should be broken down into a smaller package and mailed here to Atlanta. C.O.D. of course. :love:

m3
Again well said. Seems both you and Steve are very insightful about cigar smokers. Good times!

Emo

maduro357 said:

m3
CHEER, CHEER!!!!!!