• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Working Mans Pass

Alright!! Checkin the mailbox every 5 min. till it gets here!!!!!
:thumbs:

emodx said:
Phil said:
Landed fine. Will post puts/takes in a little :thumbs:
:lookup:
Has it been a lil while yet. :p

Emo
:p :p :p :p

Takes
Trinidad (robusto?)
Baby iguana
Bolivar Robusto
Hugo Cassar (Big one)

Puts
La Gloria Cubana Wavel Maduro
C.A.O. L'aniversaire Extream Belicoso
The Cigar Robusto by Perdomo
Montecristo #4 (ISOM)
Cohiba Club (ISOM)

That cool w/everyone??

I am gonna send it out tomorow morning. I'll post the DC later tonight or tomorow.

Phil

Thanks for lettin me play emo!!!!

Woah there Phil, NICE JOB, I want all FIVE of those!!!!

Next pass I get in, I wanna be RIGHT AFTER Phil!!!!!

That's probably asking too much since we're on opposite sides of the country :D

Phil said:
emodx said:
Phil said:
Landed fine.  Will post puts/takes in a little :thumbs:
:lookup:
Has it been a lil while yet. :p

Emo
:p :p :p :p

Takes
Trinidad (robusto?)
Baby iguana
Bolivar Robusto
Hugo Cassar (Big one)

Puts
La Gloria Cubana Wavel Maduro
C.A.O. L'aniversaire Extream Belicoso
The Cigar Robusto by Perdomo
Montecristo #4 (ISOM)
Cohiba Club (ISOM)

That cool w/everyone??

I am gonna send it out tomorow morning. I'll post the DC later tonight or tomorow.

Phil

Thanks for lettin me play emo!!!!
Nice puts bro. A little over he top, but still nice play. Thanks for passing with us bro!

Emo

Alright, I would like to say that I think that was a perfect play and there was nothing over the top at all. To me every cigar cigar thier was not expensive AT ALL. I got every one of those for UNDER 4 bucks EACH!!! (with the exception of the monte 4 ISOM which was 5) Some I purchased on cbid and got for $1 and $2 respectively.

SO :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Tracking DC # 0103 8555 7490 6570 9738

Once again thanks for letting me play. Even if you don't think I played by the rules.

Phil

STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE, GOOD PLAY PHIL, WHAT ARE YOUR SOURCES!?!?!?!

LMAO, on the domestics?? Cbid! Just put a bid in nice and low and leave it there. Your bound to get quite a few for 5-10 bucks (per 5 pack) that is $1-$2 bucks a peace!!!

Phil

Okay Phil, thanks for giving us the price on those habanas. Now I won't feel so bad when I take them and put Connies in their place :sign:

Phil said:
LMAO, on the domestics?? Cbid! Just put a bid in nice and low and leave it there. Your bound to get quite a few for 5-10 bucks (per 5 pack) that is $1-$2 bucks a peace!!!

Phil
Yeah, unfortunately, I'm very familiar with that technique. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE ISOMs YOU PUD

j/k

I just thought I'd let everybody know I'm a notorious overbidder over at CB and the local liquor store sells Phillies Strawberry Blunts for $17.95 a 5-pack.

In case any of you guys are of a literary mein, this is what is known as "foreshadowing."

baaaaa

Hey Phil...Thanks for putting in a couple of Cubans. I'd tucked away a Cuban Fonseca and Cuban RyJ petite corona to shove into the box when it arrives in Minnesota, but I didn't want to upset the pass theme. But I see it's okay. Hopefully, the Cubans will land with the guys who haven't had an opportunity to smoke them previously. Steve

Steve*R said:
Hey Phil...Thanks for putting in a couple of Cubans. I'd tucked away a Cuban Fonseca and Cuban RyJ petite corona to shove into the box when it arrives in Minnesota, but I didn't want to upset the pass theme. But I see it's okay. Hopefully, the Cubans will land with the guys who haven't had an opportunity to smoke them previously. Steve
I have no problem with putting a Habana in place of the Domestic, just as long as it is fair and equal. Also, in this pass, I do not mind someone taking out a Habana and putting in a comperable domestic. Just make sure not to take out all the Habana's so to be fair to thse down the line who have never tried one. On a side note, in most other passses if you take a Habana, you need to put one. But since the theme of this one is to try inexpensive cigars, I think everyone should be able to partake. If anyone has any comments, questions, or concerns, let's hear them. ;)

Emo

Excellent policy emo.

I think once you're on this site for a few weeks you realize Cuban cigars are no big deal and you just treat them liek another special type of cigar.

No problem Steve*R! That is the reason that I wanted those in there. I KNOW there are a few out there who havent had the chance to try a havana (for WHATEVER reason) I just want those guys to give one a shot.

I also think there should be a rule to where:

If you have tried a ISOM before and you want one of the ones in the pass, you need to replace that cigar w/another ISOM.

If you have never had an ISOM before, then YOU are why I/we put those cigars in the pass. PLEASE take it and put a comperable domestic in it's place and enjoy the ISOM!!!

I just don't want guys who don't need these ISOM's to take them w/o putting some in for the next guy who ACCTUALLY has never had one.

LMK what you guys think.

Phil

Lumberg said:
Excellent policy emo.

I think once you're on this site for a few weeks you realize Cuban cigars are no big deal and you just treat them liek another special type of cigar.
I disagree... I think that they are a big deal until you tried one. Usually the first one you try is a MM or a lesser Marquee. It isn't until you have bought, or traded for half a dozen or so that the mystique wears off. But that is just my opinion. YMMV... Emo

Phil said:
No problem Steve*R! That is the reason that I wanted those in there. I KNOW there are a few out there who havent had the chance to try a havana (for WHATEVER reason) I just want those guys to give one a shot.

I also think there should be a rule to where:

If you have tried a ISOM before and you want one of the ones in the pass, you need to replace that cigar w/another ISOM.

If you have never had an ISOM before, then YOU are why I/we put those cigars in the pass. PLEASE take it and put a comperable domestic in it's place and enjoy the ISOM!!!

I just don't want guys who don't need these ISOM's to take them w/o putting some in for the next guy who ACCTUALLY has never had one.

LMK what you guys think.

Phil
I think it is up to the pass host to decide what is kosher and what is not. Some one taking a aged Montie #2 and putting say a domestic Montie Tajmahal, I wouldn't feel is a fair trade. As anyone who has smoked a vintage Monte #2 knows, even the good Domestic Monte's can't touch them. So, while the in store price "may" be equal, the intrinsic value is not. Such is the reason why the host lays down the guidelines. When in doubt, just ask.
Am I worried about the misvalue of 1 trade? Not at all, unless of course the cigar was irreplacable. I'll eat the loss without even holding a grudge, but I do appreciate the ones that do ask. I guide them along so the better understand passing, and to learn from mine and others mistakes. In the future, they make a better host and a better passer.

Emo

:thumbs: You da man.

again, Thanks for the opportunity!

Phil