• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Working Mans Pass

Gee,

The "newbies" with more wisdom and brains that the average yahoo around here!! Good job m3 & Steve, you make excellent points :thumbs:

I know people are apprehensive about the package becoming too large as the pass nears the end. That's why lately, I've been volunteering to be near the very end 'cause the slightly extra postage doesn't really bother me.

In one of my last passes, I put a ton of cigars 'cause Gibu started the pass in honor of his "new humidor" so I thought it was fitting to "put" 14 cigars and "take" only four or five. His new humidor holds well over 350 cigars :D

I'm still glad you guys said what you said because if newer people review some of these recent passes, the trend has been along the lines of going a little overboard lately. I'm sure the participants were well intentioned but it may make some people a little apprehensive about wanting to part take in future passes where everyone looks like they want to out do each other.

ANOTHER reason I like to be at the end, it give me the option of going nuts, if I want without having someone following me worried about having to one-up me!!

Watch out EMO, I'm gonna "put" 50 cigars and take two :sign: :sign: :sign:

rknicker said:
pass. pass. pass. GIMME.
Going out Monday morning!

My apologies, but I'm too hung over from last night (and STILL at work :( ) to get it there today.

Okie dokie, don't forget to post your puts and takes. Get ready Phish man, you get it next week.

Guys, allow me to be totally frank. I've been involved in the cigar world probably longer than many here have been on earth. I participated in the first cigar bulletin boards when they were simply email list serves.

Boxpasses, with the exception of the host bag, should never reach their final destination with more cigars than began in the pass, unless there is a distribution plan for the extra sticks. It has nothing to do with mailing or postage. Boxpasses fell out of favor for many FOGS when they degenerated into mass mooches. A guy would start a pass with 30 sticks and 10 passers, fully expecting that each participant might take 3 to 5, and put in double, plus putting a couple of primos in the host bag. So, who really benefitted? The host, who usually got back about double the sticks and more than a dozen primos. To avoid this, passes developed "lotteries" where all the extras were won by one of the passers at the end of the pass, and the host bag was auctioned off for charity.

As I've read the threads on passes, here, I've not seen distribution plans for the extra sticks. They make good sense and good friends.

Puts:

Bering Torpedo
2x Baby Iguanas
2x Unbanded Hondurans (no idea what these are, but they're not too bad ;) )
Helix x550 Connecticut
Padron Londres

Takes:

Joya De Nicaragua Antano
a Short Connie
Pirate's Gold
Don Otillo
CAO Black

Vewy, it's coming at ya! I'm no good at identifying cigars past the band, so that's why my takes don't id them ... also why I didn't post a complete list. :)

Emo, your host bag didn't make it in there this round, so you're getting a separate mailing from me on that. It includes a Carbonell Presidente and a Padron Londres.

DC to Vewy: 0301 0120 0006 7639 3986

Oh yeah, and Vewy, I was able to re-use Emo's box, but you'll probably need to swap it out when it gets to you. :)

Lumberg said:
Good job Shuje. That Bering Torpedo is a hell of a smoke!
Mmmhmm, I had one earlier. When I first opened them, I had planned on tossing a few in, but after I smoked one, I couldn't bear to part with more than that!

I just had a C.A.O. black and they are fabulous!!! I think you will like it shuji!!!

As I read these passes, trades, and bombs one thing is certain. Good times and the sharing of knowledge is the ultimate goal. Luckily there is the opportunity for everyone to find a good fit here.

So, for the website just like a box pass lets take something new out, and give it a try while adding something good to be tried.

You gotta love good exchanges. :thumbs:

M3

Charlie, please do not send a host bag directly to me. And for everyone else, no host bag either. While I appreciate the thought, I'd just assume you guys get to try a bunch of different sticks. ;)

Emo

emodx said:
Charlie, please do not send a host bag directly to me. And for everyone else, no host bag either. While I appreciate the thought, I'd just assume you guys get to try a bunch of different sticks. ;)

Emo
Up to you, I suppose. :p

FWIW, Emo chose a VERY nice selection for this pass!

Shuji said:
emodx said:

Emo
Up to you, I suppose. :p

FWIW, Emo chose a VERY nice selection for this pass!
:0 :p

AAAWWWWWW!!!! WTF!??? you WON'T let us do a host bag?? I Thought it would be fun to set somethin aside for the person who started the pass, not a real expensive stick, just one that I wanted to make it back to you.

Oh well. :(

Phil said:
AAAWWWWWW!!!! WTF!??? you WON'T let us do a host bag?? I Thought it would be fun to set somethin aside for the person who started the pass, not a real expensive stick, just one that I wanted to make it back to you.

Oh well. :(
:p :p :p

The box has landed safe and sound.

Takes:
Trini Churchill (I think thats what it is)
CAO Brazilia Samba (again, not sure, but I think it is)
Unbanded perfecto (no idea what this is)

Puts:
ERDM Robusta Larga
La Aroma de Cuba Corona
Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8
RyJ Clemenceau (in glass tube)
and a few more.

It will be packed into a new box and sent out tomorrow. I'll have the DC info posted a little later. Phil, buckle up, its on its way to you! :)

Thanks for letting me play, emo...

vewyphishy said:

Takes:

Puts:
ERDM Robusta Larga
La Aroma de Cuba Corona
and a few more.

It will be packed into a new box and sent out tomorrow. I'll have the DC info posted a little later. Phil, buckle up, its on its way to you! :)

READY and about to piss my pants vewy!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

Phil :thumbs:

vewyphishy said:

Takes:

Puts:
ERDM Robusta Larga
La Aroma de Cuba Corona
and a few more.

The unbanded torpedo's are the MR. B's sungrown Nicaraguan. Dem are pretty decent cigars. Nice puts and takes bro. I like those ERDM's. For the dollar they are a nice cigar. Thanks for passing. I hope you enjoy!

Emo

The pass hit the road safely this morning in a new box with new packing. Phil, its heading your way!

DC: 0301 0120 0006 7639 3962

Thanks emo!!!