• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World Cup Pool/Contest

You fellas know why soccer has become so popular among American kids?

They don't have to watch it.
wink.gif

Doc.

GO Azzurri

Go Brazil. :thumbs:

Lucky you man!

He's just as lucky to have Portugal and the Ivory Coast in that group. Brazil may not make it out of this group.

If Didier Drogba is not full strength, I don't give Ivory Coast much of a chance in that group.

True but that bastard always finds a way to play and score even when they say he's crippled.

I Fugging hate Drogba. :sign:

Nani can be a big loss for Portugal as well.

Dude! I am screwed! Not only did Spain screw up, but now no matter who wins the group our first match is either against Brazil or Portugal!! :(

So who am I sending some cigars to first? :angry:

Here is an update. Remember, your placing is based upon your highest placing team. I know I have to start putting together a fiver for someone.

1:eek:bmike - Group F [Paraguay, Slovakia]
2:pembroke3355 - Group G [Brazil, Portugal]
3:modo22 - Group H [Spain, Chile]
4:longdraw - Group A [Uruguay, Mexico]
5:fatken - Group B [Argentina, South Korea]
6:jayro75 - Group C [Unites States, England]
7:mumike - Group D [Germany, Ghana]
8:vinnyvega - Group E [Netherlands, Japan]

Here is an update. Remember, your placing is based upon your highest placing team. I know I have to start putting together a fiver for someone.

How re we handling Group G since Don did us all a favor and left the community?

I didn't realize he was in the pool. Given he has Brazil and Portugal he probably has the best chance of winning. I would suggest contacting the people that wanted to join that couldn't (do to no groups left) and do a random draw to see who gets his bracket.

If that doesn't work, I will pay his bet off if his teams lose out.

Ken

I didn't realize he was in the pool. Given he has Brazil and Portugal he probably has the best chance of winning. I would suggest contacting the people that wanted to join that couldn't (do to no groups left) and do a random draw to see who gets his bracket.

Ken

Yea, I will leave that one to you guys...I am in a bias position since the likely hood is that both his teams will whale on mine. :sign:

I was out of town when all of that went down. My plan was to send him his sticks if he wins. If he loses, I would expect him to send his sticks to the winner.

I'm happy to make up his side if he loses and fails to.

Mike

Ken

That is a kind gesture but it will not be needed. Obmike has contacted me and I am still in and willing to pay my end if I lose. I have stopped posting but I figured this needed to be cleared up.

Ken

That is a kind gesture but it will not be needed. Obmike has contacted me and I am still in and willing to pay my end if I lose. I have stopped posting but I figured this needed to be cleared up.

Here is another mess you need to clear up Don : Link

If pembroke3355 wins, the participants should consider sending the winnings to jfields to reimburse him for covering Don's asshattery.

Ken

Here is another mess you need to clear up Don : Link

If pembroke3355 wins, the participants should consider sending the winnings to jfields to reimburse him for covering Don's asshattery.

I was not aware that jfields did that. I will be more than happy to reimburse him a 5er. Jfields if you would like me to send you a 5er for that kind act please let me know.

I was not aware that jfields did that. I will be more than happy to reimburse him a 5er. Jfields if you would like me to send you a 5er for that kind act please let me know.

Please let you know. You're such a joke. You said you were leaving, get the fuck out. You're no longer welcome here at CP. And if that's not obvious to you, you have serious problems.

I was about to say that if pembroke had a nut at all, he wouldn't even ask. He'd just send a fiver of his best. However, Tom spoke well for us all.

I was about to say that if pembroke had a nut at all, he wouldn't even ask. He'd just send a fiver of his best. However, Tom spoke well for us all.

No shit. I'm not sure why he needed John's permission to send something. It's amazing how he's "hanging around to clear this up" in reference to the World Cup Pool, but had no interest in "clearing up" his own contest he left hanging for someone else to clean up. I echo Tom's statement. Time to get the fuck out and stay out Don!

obmike, it's your pool. Given pembroke3355's past history and general attitudes toward this board and towards several members in particular, I'd respectfully suggest that you drop him from your pool, and proceed. If there's an issue with smokes that are owed by pembroke3355 in this pool, I can step up and cover it.

Participation in the board's contests and pools isn't for folks with a lousy past. Members have had to cover for him before, and now he seems surprised by that. That's enough for me. He's a tool.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.