• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Worlds most expensive cigar?

Keep in mind that list is a little spurious as it is looking really only at recent production attainable cigars at their original prices. For example, the PL Magnum and 1492 aren't on there, and the OR Behike is WAY more expensive now than the original price.

I guess I'm not as up on things as I once was. Is camel bone actively sought out? Does it come with a insert lined with genuine squirrel? Is it delivered to your door personally by Mr. Hansotia driving a Honda Accord? What am I missing?

I guess I'm not as up on things as I once was. Is camel bone actively sought out? Does it come with a insert lined with genuine squirrel? Is it delivered to your door personally by Mr. Hansotia driving a Honda Accord? What am I missing?

You're missing the "slap a $1,000 pricetag on a turd, put the turd in a fancy box, make up a good story about that turd, claim that there are very few turds of the same stature in existence, convince some billionaire that they want it, and then offer it to the rubes at a "discounted" price that's still way more than a turd is worth and SOMEONE will buy them because they're 'special.'"

It woks with all kinds of stuff, but especially cigars, watches, and parachute pants.

You're missing the "slap a $1,000 pricetag on a turd, put the turd in a fancy box, make up a good story about that turd, claim that there are very few turds of the same stature in existence, convince some billionaire that they want it, and then offer it to the rubes at a "discounted" price that's still way more than a turd is worth and SOMEONE will buy them because they're 'special.'"

It woks with all kinds of stuff, but especially cigars, watches, and parachute pants.

I have a OR pair of Miami Dolphn Zubaz . Are you saying that they weren't worth the $125 iI payed on the bay

Sweet jebuz, I'm going to take some of my aged Anejo's, peel the label, put them in a gilded cage, and call them "B.B.S. private reserve" and sell them for $1500.00 a stick. Rare, these are. Any takers....??....
laugh.gif

Sweet jebuz, I'm going to take some of my aged Anejo's, peel the label, put them in a gilded cage, and call them "B.B.S. private reserve" and sell them for $1500.00 a stick. Rare, these are. Any takers....??....
laugh.gif

Aged Anejos?! Why bother? Just go for some Thompson house brands. If we're gilding the lily here, might as well not waste the good stuff.

Wow I couldn't imagine paying those prices for cigars. I'd rather have a siglo then anything costing 750 or more.

A BOTL once told me, after asking him if the Gurkha HMR lived up to it's price tag: "I had a $7 house blend that tasted better than that cigar." Seeing as he is a long time smoker with a very extensive cigar collection and damn good taste in cigars, I am inclined to believe him.

The most expensive Gurkha I ever had was The Beauty (retails for about $30 or so) and that didn't do anything for me. A simularly priced Padron 40th left quite the impression on me. Hell, I've had a $6 Carlos Torano Signature that still remains one of my favorites to this day. If a $30 cigar doesn't do anything for me, I'm sure as hell not shelling out $750 for one.

$750 buys a lot of carne asada, and I could go for some of that right now.

WHOA!!! 750.00 for a cigar? I was thinking id spent too much on the three I bought today at 20.00. I couldnt imagine paying 750.00 for a cigar. Now, like The Black Cloud said, Carne Asada...maybe. LOL

Can you imagine buying one, aging it a few months and then finding out it's plugged?

Can you imagine buying one, aging it a few months and then finding out it's plugged?
I'd unplug it, then. I've become a pro after smoking through 2 boxes of Punch Churchills from 2000... :rolleyes:

Jeffrey L.