• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World's Strongest Beer Released by Scottish Brewery

SoTL1977

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/8380412.stm

Tactical Nuclear Penguin by BrewDog of Fraserburgh - pretty cool name, wonder how it tastes?

could be interesting, but at £35.00 for a 330ml bottle (plus shipping), I don't think I'll be ordering some anytime soon... :0

hmm.. and the first run already sold out - working on the second batch, but it's not likely to reach you before Christmas (unless you're in the UK maybe)

32%? Jeez, at that point I'd just rather have a few fingers of Jamesons. I can't imagine it having any other taste than grain alcohol.

I have big doubts about something that is "beer" and 32% tasting good. I'd try it once.

That's pretty amazing. I wonder how they are able to do it without distilling it since the alcohol should kill off the yeast long before it reached 32%?

It sounds like "beer" should be more tightly defined. I guess I could pour a bunch of vodka or something into my beer and still call it beer

Great name, but I can't imagine it tastes very good. Even beers with 12-13% often taste a bit too much of alcohol for me.

Ahh i see, they made it like an Eisbock. Make a strong beer then freeze it, remove ice crystals and you are left with a stronger beer. Very interesting. I would love to taste this beer.

And yes it is beer. Adding vodka to your beer doesn't count as beer!

This is a very hard thing to do. Any flaws you have before freezing the beer will be intensified and show up even stronger in the finished product. Way to push the limits guys!

Ahh i see, they made it like an Eisbock. Make a strong beer then freeze it, remove ice crystals and you are left with a stronger beer. Very interesting. I would love to taste this beer.

And yes it is beer. Adding vodka to your beer doesn't count as beer!

This is a very hard thing to do. Any flaws you have before freezing the beer will be intensified and show up even stronger in the finished product. Way to push the limits guys!

wow I didnt know that, thanks for the info.

I've never heard of this practice either, sounds interesting

It sounds like "beer" should be more tightly defined. I guess I could pour a bunch of vodka or something into my beer and still call it beer

If it is made with grains and isn't distilled with heat, it is by definition beer.

I suppose you could say that this is ice distilled, but there is a long history of ice beers.

Great name, but I can't imagine it tastes very good. Even beers with 12-13% often taste a bit too much of alcohol for me.

Exactly. There's a certain point for me when I don't care for that high of an ABV. If I wanted my throat to burn, I'd pour some vodka, not crack open a nice cold IPA.

It's an Imperial Stout. Am I the only one who would want to try this?

I'd definately try it - I was thinking it was closer to a barley wine, but an Imperial stout is even better. You have to hand it to these guys, they're giving their government the big middle finger (or, I guess in their case, the two first fingers): "BrewDog was previously branded irresponsible for an 18.2% beer called Tokyo, which it then followed with a low alcohol beer called Nanny State."

That is a great idea though, to make an Imperial and then give it the Eisbock treatment...

Sounds interesting, but some of the stouts already put me in orbit, this would send into outer space.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

£35 a bottle ~ $57 and that is in the UK. Next batch will be ready on the 22nd of Feb.