• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Worth anything?

WyoSmoke

Well, after seaching I have come up empty, so I guess I will ask and see what I come up with. While at my favorite area B&M the other day I noticed that the owner handed out an empty Opus X Tin. She said that she has a regular customer that comes in and buys the 3-pk tins and takes only the sticks with him. I asked if I could possibly have one as well and she graciously gave me two. So, are these liable to be worth anything in the future or are they just clutter in my collection of swag?? I have thought about the possibility of a contest for one of them as a kind of PIF on my part, but wondered if they would even be of interest to anyone. Anyway, any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Mike

The tins themselves are usually not hard to come by. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking by them being 'worth' something in the future; if you're inquiring about them having some decent monetary value, likely not. That doesn't mean people aren't ever interested in procuring them.

That having been said, I usually save most of my tins/boxes/bands even though I don't anticipate them being 'worth' anything down the road. They have some sentimental value in that they hold memories of good smokes shared with good people. :thumbs:

They're only worth something if you happen to be a semi-literate, conniving ladyboy.

I don't believe that is exactly the kind of response that I was either expecting nor looking for, but thanks for chiming in.

Mike

EDIT:
Oops, let me first apologize for being brash. I did not realize that this had become an issue with other members. And I am not some "semi-literate, conniving ladyboy", I just simply thought that since something was so graciously given to me, that I would pass one of the two on to someone else that might enjoy having it. I also did not realize that these tins were so readily available. I will take this as a lesson to put more effort into my searches from now. Thanks, and again I apologize for sounding brash.

Mike

Edited to add apology...

I'd probably take them, fill them full of batteries, stick some LEDs along the side and rig up a little circuit to make "beep beep" noises. Otherwise, it could also be a great place to hide your stash of candy. I like the sour gummy worms, myself.

Say, did you ever watch that old sci-fi show "Sliders"?

Apology wholly unnecessary but accepted nonetheless--I simply couldn't resist taking a shot at the low-hanging fruit* is all.

*No offense intended towards any well-endowed homosexuals who might be reading this.

Apology wholly unnecessary but accepted nonetheless--I simply couldn't resist taking a shot at the low-hanging fruit* is all.

*No offense intended towards any well-endowed homosexuals who might be reading this.

LMFAO Well, I guess since I hung em out there, I deserved the shot in the bag that I got.

While they may not have any monetary value to most, you can alwasy use them to store cigars for a night out on the town. I do that from time to time.

Yep . . . they make a nice cigar case for a night on the town or a day trip. One can never have too many cigar cases!

~Boar