• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow... box from Iraq today...

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Well... as some know I have taken a number of my own personal cigars over the past, as well as my latest Puppy Pass, and lately a few guys have also sent some, and sent them to my buddy's unit in Iraq. He's home now, but that's no reason to stop supporting these guys 'n gals in uniform!

So today, I get home from work and there's a box waiting for me. Not expecting anything, and with the Newbie War over, I was curious until I looked at the return addy.

Iraq.

So I opened 'er up, and holy SHIT. The guys there sent me a flag! The note reads "Presented to (me) - this flag was raised over the US Embassy in Baghdad Iraq by the men and women of Multi-National Force, Iraq, on April 16th 2008 in honor of your support"

They included a couple of pics of them folding the flag smoking the cigars! :thumbs:

Thought I'd share it since a few of you have sent cigars for me to include, as well as supporting Smitty and his cigars for the troops. I'm floored... thinking for a BRIEF second of flying the flag on my pole out front, I instead am getting a flag case and gonna put it on my humi and show it off.

Keep supporting the forces guys... they really do appreciate it. I'm already starting to plan the next one!

That is one of the most moving post I have ever read on this forum. I have untold respect for our men and women serving overseas.

a big thanks to you Swissy for remembering them and to those out there in harms way...stay safe and know you are ALL REAL HEROS..

art

I know exactly how you feel Jim, Treamayne hit me with one last year. It sits out proudly in the family room.

Right on, its people like you and the countless others, that my friends over seas say make things a little brighter.

People like you, and this community are truely a testiment to humanity.

Its very cool of you Jim to be thinking about the folks over in Iraq, and what a great thank you they came up with for you.

Righteous! I'm sure it really means a lot to everyone over there to know that we're over here thinking of them.

thinking for a BRIEF second of flying the flag on my pole out front, I instead am getting a flag case and gonna put it on my humi and show it off.

It might be nice to fly it on Memorial Day, Flag Day, and July 4th (and Veteran's Day too, if you want to wait that long) and then put it in its case.

*Edited to add Flag Day.

That's a great reward for your good deeds, your heart must be bursting through your chest. Good job! :thumbs:

That is something to charish! I cannot imagine the emotion that must be going through you right now..but you deserve it. Great work and keep it up!!!

Amazing how cigars can bring people together! Amazing post, I'm floored.

Wow what a gesture, this is the quality of men and women in our military! None better anywhere, It makes me proud to be an American! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jim, I can not think of a beeter guy than you to get a gift such as that. JUst know that all of us, in all branches, all of the world truly thank you for your support.

Tim