• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow! Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies at 46!

Yeah, pretty shocked.  He's had battles with addiction; it sounds like that may have been what did him in. 

Hollywood, actors and celebrities in general deserve skepticism and disdain, however Hoffman's talents made him transcendent.  His portrayal of Lester Bangs in Almost Famous was awesome.  He will be missed. 

Great actor, drugs take another talent away from this world. RIP.

Sounds like he has just been injecting his pay check from The Hunger Games into his arm... Stupid!

Paul

Sucks to see someone who has the resources to do anything, be anyone, buy anything.......and they go that route. Its a shame, but no one to blame but himself. RIP

I understand there's a lot of hot shots of heroine going around in the NE, allegedly cut with fentanyl. You'd think it would make junkies more vigilant. Evidently it does just the opposite.

Doc

Yep.  The authorities actually issued a "bad heroin" alert two weeks ago because of the fentanyl contamination. Still a damn shame . . . he was a truly transcendent talent.  Loved his work.

~Boar

Looks like he'll win the Darwin award this year to go with his Oscar.

Another freaking junkie!  When will they learn?  I hope you find peace Brother!

I really enjoyed his talent in the films I saw.  It's a shame.

Amazing how must of us do our best to have a better life for our families and people we love, yet these actors have everything and are so destructive to themselves. Bad to see him go, he was a good actor.

extremeXconcepts said:
Sucks to see someone who has the resources to do anything, be anyone, buy anything.......and they go that route. Its a shame, but no one to blame but himself. RIP

whylieineedacigar said:
Amazing how must of us do our best to have a better life for our families and people we love, yet these actors have everything and are so destructive to themselves. Bad to see him go, he was a good actor.

As many of us have either dealt with or know someone who has dealt with addiction, we should sometimes think twice before we post in these manners I think.  Just my opinion of course.  We all have a right to feel the way we do on a certain matter.

A lot of times to us it seems like they may "have everything" but being rich and having everything can be quite a lonely place.  It puts you at a distance to a lot of people and many of these actors struggle with demons that we aren't aware of.

We also know that its not as easy as just not choosing the path of drugs and alcohol.  Sometimes they don't realize they're as far down as they are until its too late.

Am I saying he couldn't have made better choices for himself?  Absolutely not.  Is it frustrating to see someone with so much talent once again take this road?  Yes.

A true talent lost and hopefully others can learn from this tragedy and seek help if they're stuck with the same battle.

Godspeed, Mr. Hoffman.

With all of the testimonials, available education, deaths and available help, there is no real reason to indulge in industrial strength drug use.  It is and was a personal choice.  If he had any real friends, they could have helped him, but in the end, it was one man's choice.  A poor one at that.

We also know that its not as easy as just not choosing the path of drugs and alcohol.  Sometimes they don't realize they're as far down as they are until its too late.

Am I saying he couldn't have made better choices for himself?  Absolutely not.  Is it frustrating to see someone with so much talent once again take this road?  Yes

...actually it is a choice.  Sometimes it's not an easy choice, but it is most certainly a choice.  Every day when the sun comes up, you get another chance to make that choice...for better or worse.  I have dealt with friends and family members that made bad choices.  Some pull it out of the fire, and some didn't.  But at the end of the day, there is exactly one person responsible for the chosen path.  

Always sad to see talent wasted, a person lost forever.  Godspeed, Philip......