• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WTH am I doing giving this thing away Contest ?!

tkoepp

Lil' RASScal
Recently a botl on the board was kind enough to send me a csonka case. Since then I have repaired my other one and its great now. So....... I recovered the other Csonka case and whaala (sp)...

Damn.. I like this one better than my previous one, but WTH !!! Its about the PIF anyway.

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

So, since I cannot possibly make enough of these to send to all the great guys that have treated me well here at CP. I decided to have a contest to decide who gets this.

This contest is open to anyone that is a member as of today. And there is no limit on the number of times you can post an entry.

Since I have been here at CP I have learned ALOT from fellow Botl's.. SO!! The contest is to enlighten me on some aspect of this great hobby that we all share.

It can be something as well known as "coolidors are an economical way to store your cigars" to something such as "how Litto Gomez got into the cigar industry"

This will end on Sunday Oct 14, 2007 at 8pm EST and be judged by a small panel of judges.

Good luck !!!

cheap cigars taste like ass, as do Bill Clintons cigars.

Wow, that's a great looking case! Somebody is going to be very lucky to win that. I don't have anything worth contributing to the contest, but this should make for some great reading!

D

Congratulations on your anni, hope you endure for a long time! :thumbs:

Very nice Tim! I will have to see what valuable information I can contribute.....if any :blush:

Cigars are made to be smoked not collected. Smoke em today because you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Oh Yeah......... "GO IRISH!" ( I know...I have no shame. ;) )

Tim,

Your genorosity and Brotherhood never ceases to amaze, I am fortunate enough to be considered a friend to you. The person who wins that case should consider themselves lucky. Thank you again Tim for such a great contest and your contributions to this community along with soo many other great BOTL. :thumbs:

Hummm, CP/Cigar related knowldge....

Ahh! I got it! There are several "Tims" in this crazy family of ours

but we ( you and I) are by far the coolest! :D

Great contest, and a great looking case.

Tim

Wow, that's a great looking case! Somebody is going to be very lucky to win that. I don't have anything worth contributing to the contest, but this should make for some great reading!

D

I think I'll join you DK. I have thought through this for a while now and can think of nothing! ???

WAIT!!! are we allowed to just copy and paste something from somewhere else??? :whistling: LOL, good luck to everyone who has something good to write, and I will look forward to plenty of reading.
B

search is your friend ;)

thanks for the contest and awesome case BTW....

"Cello on or cello off is all a matter of personal taste and will not effect how your cigars taste in any way."

Thanks for the contest!

Shawn

A cigar is a tightly rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco, one end of which is ignited so that its smoke may be drawn into the smoker's mouth through the other end. Most cigar smokers do not inhale the smoke.

:p

"Cello on or cello off is all a matter of personal taste and will not effect how your cigars taste in any way."

Thanks for the contest!

Shawn

Yes, it will! Your cigars will taste of plastic...and the fumes are bad for you!

Nice contest....very cool case!

The English word cigar comes from the Spanish cigarro, which in turn derives from the Mayan word for tobacco, siyar.

;)

<snip>
You might think that the world's first cigars were rolled in Spain, or that the philosophic French were the very first to wax existential over cigarette smoke, but before there were any cigars or cigarettes in the old world, tobacco had to be brought in from the new one. Tobacco is a plant that was originally found only in North and South America, where native Americans have cultivated it for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

The Indigenous Mayans of the Mexican Yucatan peninsula grew tobacco plants, and there is evidence showing that they smoked it in ways similar to the way we do today. From its origins in Mexico, tobacco use spread from tribe to tribe, to the north and to the south. Historians now believe that the first tobacco use in what is now the United States occurred along the banks of the Mississippi river. And it wasn't until Christopher Columbus famously ran into Central America while looking for India that Europe and Asia became acquainted with tobacco and its uses.
</snip>

Brian

Since I have been here at CP I have learned ALOT from fellow Botl's.. SO!! The contest is to enlighten me on some aspect of this great hobby that we all share.

Well, I see your problem....

Someone said this was a hobby and you believed them. It is an addiction. :sign:

Nice contest. :cool:

Thanks for the contest....

Here's how I solved the leaky Cooler-Dor problem.

A little bit of ribbed weather stripping in the groove of the lid....

gallery_4821_149_2802.jpg

A compression style sash lock to replace the cheesy plastic latch.....

gallery_4821_149_23810.jpg

...and Presto!!.....no Leak-O

Works like a champ!!

Thanks again!!

:cool: