• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WTSS for Tat Blacks

lordlister

You can observe a lot by just watching
I've read all the hype surrounding this cigar, but I'm surprised by the desperation surrounding the search for these. They also released 1000 Pepin Lancero samplers, but they can still be found everywhere (even though we all have 3 boxes resting in our coolers). What am I missing?

I don't get it either. I purchased a 5er from someone but don't really feel compelled to search high and low for a jar. They can't be that good.

I don't get it either. All the reviews basically translate to "Anyway". At least they seem to be providing some light diversion away from the Opus spottings.

I wish I had photoshop or the skills to replace the idol with the jar (maybe someone else can) but I think you can get the gist. I'ts all about the chase/discovery. Silly if you think about it.

BTW: My 2 jars arrive today! :sign:

Lou

250px-Indianagrabsidol.jpg

I really like them.

I think some people are really just suckers for a rarity........ Including yours truely. :)

A lot of times people get themselves in such a frenzy looking for something like this, that they have these huge expectations when they finally try the cigar. Problem is, you're usually setting yourself up for a big letdown in most of these cases.

If you're willing to sell your soul, you should check out ebay. The prices these jars are fetching is ridiculous. Oh, and by the way, of course I'm not one of the sellers, but I am still trying to track a few down for myself.

If I didn't like them, I wouldn't have bought a jar, no matter how "hyped" they have become.

The OR's are smoking GREAT right now.

Cigars are only as rare as the manufacturer wants them to be. When you buy them, you only reinforce their behavior.

Doc.

My B&M has them for $15 a single. They also said they were not impressed with them and think they were rushed due to demand. Not sure if they are selling full jars.

Cigars are only as rare as the manufacturer wants them to be. When you buy them, you only reinforce their behavior.

Doc.

That's true in a sense -- there are really two ways they can go about it. They can start with a target production level, and choose the tobacco they want to use based on whatever supply meets their goal. This results in a cigar that can meet production target goals, but the blend is determined by practical concerns.

Another way they can go about it is they pick the tobaccos they want to use -- some of which may be in extremely short supply -- and determine how many cigars they can produce based on the supply of these chosen tobaccos. This results in a cigar that has limited or even uncertain production levels, but is driven by the desired blend.

Most cigar makers do both. They have production cigars to be mass produced, with ample tobacco supply, and they also have limited releases that are truly limited by how much tobacco is available.

What some tobacco manufacturers do is they stockpile various tobaccos in reserve quantities to keep the production pipelines humming, and the blends consistent. They halt cigar production when these reserves get too low, and resume it once they have topped off the supply. This is necessary to preserve the blend, which is very difficult to maintain year over year.

But for limited run productions, they just make the cigar until they run out of the tobacco. Litto Gomez, for instance, can't make the Limitado I's anymore. Many of the tobaccos that went into it are simply gone; same with the Small Batch #1.

You can argue that they should never make a cigar that won't reach certain production levels, but that's really an arbitrary choice on your part.