• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yankees vs Redsox

Light this!

Licensed to Kill
I had a chance to go to Fenway Paaark last night with the wife to see my beloved Yankees beat the Sox. My Godfather is a season Red Sox ticket holder - go figure he was born and raised in the Bronx but disliked his father so much that he became a Red Sox fan just to piss him off.

Beautiful night in the 70's with the usual rowdy ass Red Sox fans. A Rod got booed all night. Even though I dislike him and feel that he never did fit in as a Yankee should have never been beaned. Dempster should have got ejected along with Girardi. Unfair call there in my opinion. 

Good game overall but my only regret was that I did not stay to watch Mo pitch. It was 11:15 when I got out of there as I wake up at 4:30 am.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10964]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10963]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10962]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10961]

I think it already has Dave!

Great pics Kris. Thanks for sharing despite the lose the game was outstanding to watch!

Paul

I never thought I'd say this but.......I kinda felt sorry for A Rod and found myself cheering for him when he slapped it out to deep center later. I understand that call is a judgment call but the only way you don't make the call to eject Dempster is if you're blind. Classless and the umpires should be ashamed of his no call. 

I heard something about a Canadian reporter reporting that Demster said he was going to plunk Arod over a snub at a charity event.

All I've got to say is, thank god he didn't sign with Boston.

Doc

NEW YORK (AP) — Ryan Dempster of the Boston Red Sox has been suspended for five games and fined by Major League Baseball for intentionally hitting Yankees star Alex Rodriguez with a pitch.

Sweet and well deserved.

Actually it's a one game suspension. He misses one start. I'm sure he thinks it was worth it.

Quote from Hardball Talk: Again, if they don’t suspend Dempster they are declaring open season on A-Rod and are giving every pitcher who intentionally throws at a batter a solid defense against discipline. What’s more, the league would give A-Rod and his attorneys ammo for their “MLB is out to get us” talking points. The league may not like Rodriguez all that much, but suspending Dempster is the only smart play here.

Interesting that Giardi got a much bigger fine than Dempster.

Doc

Do I think that Demp should have been suspended? Yea he was defiantly in the wrong however I also believe that every pour Yankees fan that went out and spent their hard earned money on an Arod jersey should be allowed to stand on the mound and throw a pitch at him for being duped into his bullshit. I wonder if I had a kid and he/she was an Arod fan how I would handle it. I defiantly wouldn't want to see them wearing his jersey.

On a side note whats with Giradi all heart broken that he intentionally threw at him? Wasn't he catcher for many years? You mean to tell me he was never part of anyone being plucked or ordering a hit on a batter. That shit happens!

Tall Paul said:
Do I think that Demp should have been suspended? Yea he was defiantly in the wrong however I also believe that every pour Yankees fan that went out and spent their hard earned money on an Arod jersey should be allowed to stand on the mound and throw a pitch at him for being duped into his bullshit. I wonder if I had a kid and he/she was an Arod fan how I would handle it. I defiantly wouldn't want to see them wearing his jersey.

On a side note whats with Giradi all heart broken that he intentionally threw at him? Wasn't he catcher for many years? You mean to tell me he was never part of anyone being plucked or ordering a hit on a batter. That shit happens!

The baseball in the hands of a major league pitcher becomes a weapon...period. Anyone who says it's OK to do that is out of their minds and never stood in a batters box with a 90mph fastball whizzing by you.

We won't get into all the BS about this, but throughout any sport's history, there are examples of cheating...like in the 50s to the 70s they had 'greenies' in a salad bowl in the trainer's room so guys could get up for a game after a night of partying. Pitchers accused of loading up a ball with hair goop or Vaseline...guys in the center field stands with binoculars trying to steal the catcher's signs....the list goes on and on and ALL of those techniques CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF A GAME.

This was totally different Paul. Most of the time it's (HBP) done for a good reason within the confines of the game and/or series. Dumpster took it upon himself to try to hurt the guy based on his personal opinion and turned the A-Riod spectacle into a "look at me" moment. That's what Girardi was arguing about.

It was so obvious what his intent was and Dumpster should have been thrown out of the game and the Yankees should NOT have been given a warning.  Let's not kid one another, if the roles were reversed, the Sox fans would be creaming for blood. ;)

Gary I agree completely my comment on Girardi  is towards his comments after the game. He went on a rant about Dempsters actions like it has never happened before or he has never been part of it on the throwing side. He said something like "we wonder what is wrong with the world today... I see kids watching this in the stands..." Just strange comments from a big league catcher/manager. What about when Jaba threw at Youks head 3 times? What about the kids then... LOL The Yankees will retaliate and it may make for an exciting September!

I am trying to find the audio but struggling. 

Paul