• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yo! Baccala.

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
As usual, on Christmas eve, I'm up to my eyeballs in fish. Seven of them to be exact. Calamari, crab, haddock, lobster, shrimp, mussels, and of course, Baccala. We'll also have Steak en Pannatta for the Protestants. Some will be prepared more than one way and most will be fried as is traditional. I don't understand how my mother did this alone, as she preferred, until she was 78. I have help from my lovely wife. Anyway, a Merry Christmas to all you mooks and a Happy Feast of the Circumcision, as it used to be called, before politically correct times.

Doc

Merry Christmas Doc!  Enjoy family time, just hope you can step away from the kitchen long enough to sit down and enjoy a cigar and reflect on what makes these Holidays special.

Hey that was my nickname!  ;)
Nice to see the traditions endure. Merry Christmas to you, and yours, Doc!

I can still remember the sounds and smells of my Grandma's house on Christmas Eve.  Family traditions are the best, and we're doing our best to give them to our kids.  Not sure if it's going to take or not, but we're giving it a go..... :p

To you and yours, a very Merry Christmas, Doc.

Merry Christmas Doc.  I'll be doing a nice turkey dinner for my wife and I.  Even though it's just us two for the eve and Christmas day, we still like to do a full dinner.  I had some Vermont wine shipped in for a nice present at the dinner table that night too (we were married in Stowe, VT)....going to be a nice evening.  Then we get the kids on the 26th.  All in all, a nice holiday planned.

Food, whiskey, wine, and family.  Looking forward to it all.

We haven't done Feast of the Seven Fishes since my Great Grandma passed away. Miss those days. :(

Enjoy Doc!

Doc, Merry Christmas. With your weather of late I happy to,see you are,up and about.

Here in South Texas, the traditional Yule Eve dinner is tamales . . . I had to dive into a veritable mosh pit at the supermarket today to get mine, but tonight it'll be tamales, ranch beans, potato salad and queso.

I've been looking at zuppa de pesci (sp?) recipes over on FB today, though.  Damn but that does look good!

~Boar

Merry Christmas Doc, the "Calamari, crab, haddock, lobster, shrimp, mussels, and Baccala" when you do it, I see it's done right.

Enjoy Life!