• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You all ever have this problem?

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I wasted two perfectly good cigars yesterday while at the bar and its been this way for around a week.

Cohiba Siglo VI

Opus X xXx

Monte Tubos

to mention a few I smoked this past week in hopes it would get better

All tasted like air :0 And I mean like a Marlboro Ultra type of air.

Ekans thinks my taste buds died lol but everything else I've eaten or drank has tasted just fine.

I really don't know what to do, other than to leave my Humidor alone before I waste more good cigars.

Anyone ever have this happen to them before and have a tip to make it better?

Humidor is at 68°f and 65% ATM in case someone wanted to know.

Smoke someone eles's cigars and see if you get the same result.

Doc.

Send me a few and I will taste test them for ya and let ya know.... :D

But seriously never had that problem... Seems like you get a nail every now and then but a few in a row, that is odd.

You should quit smoking cigars and stop posting on cigar boards. ;) :sign:

Shawn,

It sounds like you've got a case of palate burnout. I've been there, bro. I've wasted PSP2, Trini Fundadores, PLPC, a couple more heartbreakers in the past. You're probably thinking the right stick will kick start those buds again. But trust me, it doesn't work that way.

There is no way around it except to step away from the humi for a while. :(

The urge to pick up a stick will be quite irresistable. You'll be jonesing for a cigar like a junky looking for his next rock. But hold fast. When the day comes that you realize that you're not craving one like mad, then you're ready to pick one up and start again.

I have no idea what this might be due to or how to really combat it. Maybe more veteran smokers will chime in. Haven't heard from The Master in a while, though.

And it's not unusual to still really enjoy food and drink.

Give it a try and see what happens. Mine has been fading in and out and has been somewhat compromised by sinus issues but I had a really tasty Monte Joyita today..it was deeeeeelish. :D

Wilkey

Edit: typo

Shawn,

It sounds like you've got a case of palate burnout. I've been there, bro. I've wasted PSP2, Trini Fundadores, PLPC, a couple more heartbreakers in the past. You're probably thinking the right stick will kick start those buds again. But trust me, it doesn't work that way.

There is no way around it except to step away from the humi for a while. :(

The urge to pick up a stick will be quite irresistable. You'll be jonesing for a cigar like a junky looking for his next rock. But hold fast. When the day comes that you realize that you're not craving one like mad, then you're ready to pick one up and start again.

I have no idea what this might be due to or how to really combat it. Maybe more veteran smokers will chime in. Haven't heard from The Master in a while, though.

And it's not unusual to still really enjoy food and drink.

Give it a try and see what happens. Mine has been fading in and out and has been somewhat compromised by sinus issues but I had a really tasty Monte Joyita today..it was deeeeeelish. :D

Wilkey

Edit: typo

Agree with Wilkey. Step away from your humi for a little while - I would try a week. :0

I experienced something somewhat similar about 4 months ago. I had a Nat Sherman one night and after having it, EVERY cigar regardless of what I smoked, had hints of that stick. This lasted four or five days and I finally had enough so I stopped smoking entirely for a few days and everything returned to normal. It was the most bizarre thing I've experienced. I still wonder what happened. At any rate, again, I'd recommend just laying off the sticks for a bit. ;)

You should quit smoking cigars and stop posting on cigar boards. ;) :sign:

No I want to solve my problem not yours ;)

Unlike you, I don't have a "problem," I offered a solution to your problem so do whatever you want, I could care less.

:love: Marry me Bill!

Thanks for the tips Wilkey and Orange, I do believe I'll take a break from the sticks for a few weeks...

But not the forums, I can't make Bill happy now can I :p

Same thing happened to me after a CAO Criollo. Stay away for a week.

This was touched on - but it is allergy season, and if your sinuses are flared, it will definitely affect your smoking, which, by the way, will in turn make your sinuses flare up more. So, yeh, step away for a few days or a week.

Glad to see you got some constructive feedback, Bro. I think Doc's suggestion is valid. Try a stick that didn't come from your humi.

Glad to see you got some constructive feedback, Bro. I think Doc's suggestion is valid. Try a stick that didn't come from your humi.

You don't offer any constructive feedback either which is par for the course for you. ;)

You don't offer any constructive feedback either which is par for the course for you. ;)

Pot meet Kettle?

Sorry Bill, Bruce's advice was a lot more constructive than yours.

Unless of course you suggesting I piss off again is in your opinion constructive, then of course I apologize.

This was touched on - but it is allergy season, and if your sinuses are flared, it will definitely affect your smoking, which, by the way, will in turn make your sinuses flare up more. So, yeh, step away for a few days or a week.

Good point. Although Spring pollen does not bother me, Autumn pollen lays me low. I think I'm just shaking the last vestiges of a lingering cold/sinus infection from earlier this Winter.

Wilkey

Pot meet Kettle?

Sorry Bill, Bruce's advice was a lot more constructive than yours.

Unless of course you suggesting I piss off again is in your opinion constructive, then of course I apologize.
He didn't suggest anything, all he did was parrot what had already been said. You and he have a lot in common, a high percentage of pretty meaningless posts and with that "know it all" and arrogant undertone. I will admit though, you've gotten better in that department, smurf however has filled the void you left. :laugh:

Unfortunately for you though you're still a mouthy wise ass which only continues to make you a marginal member around here at best. ;)

Good point. Although Spring pollen does not bother me, Autumn pollen lays me low. I think I'm just shaking the last vestiges of a lingering cold/sinus infection from earlier this Winter.

Wilkey

You might want to consider seeing an allergist and getting skin-tested. If it happens every year, you can get injections that will immunize you against your trouble allergens. You won't get sick and you won't have to pop Allegra after Allegra.

I have allergies but only in fall, right now my sinuses are as clear as they have been in ages.

And Bill your the biggest "mouthy wise ass" here, I'm surprised you don't get hit by a bolt of lightning everytime you post crap like that.

And Bill your the biggest "mouthy wise ass" here, I'm surprised you don't get hit by a bolt of lightning everytime you post crap like that.

First off, it's "you're" not "your" and only the marginal members here see it your way wurm. Funny how that works, isn't it? :laugh: