• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Guys Ever Hear of This?

I was just thinking about this- I almost always have the cut end unravel during smoking.  This seems like it work great for the head of the stogie.

Definitely a good tip thanks! Sometimes it's the cigar itself, but often I've found that a dull cutter is the culprit for unraveling cigars.

I (almost) never have unraveling issues because of the practice "flicking"; instead of cutting the head. Dull cutters can cause real grief, for sure!

I vaguely remember "cigar repair kits" being offered by some online vendor a few years back.  I'm not sure what exactly's in the goo cigar rollers use---flour? egg whites?---and we all smoke THAT, but I still probably wouldn't use chapstick toward the foot, where it'd be getting burnt into the smoke.  Up toward the cap to keep a spendy cigar from getting all splody I can see it working.

~Boar

Not only have I've heard of it, I've been doing it for years. It really does work well if your cigar starts to unravel if you cut too much of the cap off. 

I'll try it especially on the torpedo's that like to unravel near the cap. You get to smoke and moisturize  - priceless.

Not A Nice Person said:
I vaguely remember "cigar repair kits" being offered by some online vendor a few years back.  I'm not sure what exactly's in the goo cigar rollers use---flour? egg whites?---and we all smoke THAT, but I still probably wouldn't use chapstick toward the foot, where it'd be getting burnt into the smoke.  Up toward the cap to keep a spendy cigar from getting all splody I can see it working.

~Boar
That's what I've been using Boar, that little brown vial of pectin with the brush on the cap. For a crack, I'd use the pectin and a piece of wrapper leaf, from a Johnny-O shag foot cigar, as a patch.

Yes, I have. Also use Chap stick on my pipe stems to help protect them from saliva. I also keep pectin powder of which I still have most of the small box I bought many years ago. Years ago, honey was also used a lot. I think torcedores use Gum Arabic.

I lose my chapsticks far too quickly to reliably have one when my cigar starts peeling...  :blush:

You'd be surprised how many "dull" cutters are simply gunked up with tobacco oils.  A little cleaning with an alcohol wipe works wonders..... :cool: