• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You just never know

AKmik

I was out in the shop carving away and decided a smoke was in order, to go with my coffee.
Took a nice clean clip with my xikar and ???

Anschutz064-vi.jpg

I sent the company an e mail, we will see what happens, I am not smoking it.

WTF? OVER!???

Had to burn an Opus Robusto instead.

Looks like a little tiny albino snake laughing at you. :D

But seriously, it's probably a bit of twine that got stuck to a leaf during one of the many, many manual steps involved in making a cigar.

Wilkey

I wouldn't be too alarmed. I've found twine in a few smokes. Just try to pull it out and if it resists, clip it even with the head and smoke.

Funny thing happened to me the other day. I was cutting a length of twine and found tobacco in the strands. :p

That has happended to me too. My twine was green. Unfortunately I smoked half my cigar before I realized it. It tasted funny. I set it down. I knocked off the ash to relight and saw the charred twine. I cut open the smoke to find the rest of the twine. Since the maker of this brand was a friend of mine I called to let him know. He said that happens but did send me a replacement. He did not charge me extra for the twine imbued smoke.

I was out in the shop carving away and decided a smoke was in order, to go with my coffee.
Took a nice clean clip with my xikar and ???

Anschutz064-vi.jpg

I sent the company an e mail, we will see what happens, I am not smoking it.

WTF? OVER!???

Had to burn an Opus Robusto instead.

Um.. What cigar was that? It looks like it would've been a keeper.

I will let you know as soon as I get a reply from the maker. I am interested to see what they have have to say.

I hope that it wasn't that special twine made from hemp plants. :whistling:

I will let you know as soon as I get a reply from the maker. I am interested to see what they have have to say.

Ummmm....they'll probably say the same thing that's been said here...

I've found twine in a couple...it happens.

Did you go on to smoke it?

I'm guessing that's a Nicaraguan Habano wrapper, which would point me in the Oliva direction. But it's more likely to be an Honduran Sun Grown Corojo seed, in which case I'd put money on Rocky or Camacho.

Am I close or way off base?

I'm guessing that's a Nicaraguan Habano wrapper, which would point me in the Oliva direction. But it's more likely to be an Honduran Sun Grown Corojo seed, in which case I'd put money on Rocky or Camacho.

Am I close or way off base?

Sounds like a contest is in order.... :laugh:

Damn Cigahs, you are good!!

I did not smoke it yet. I tried to pull the string out but I could hear leaves crunching about 2/3 up the cigar, it is deep thru the smoke and feels like it is anchored firmly, it did not slide out at all. No big deal because the last one I smoked was not all that. Cool box tho :cool:

??? Maybe it's the jet lag.... hmmm... but I could swear it looks like....hmmmm... ???
...like the strings to .... hmmmm... Naw...its the jet lag! :rolleyes:

C&G... rude, crude, AND obnoxious.

??? Maybe it's the jet lag.... hmmm... but I could swear it looks like....hmmmm... ???
...like the strings to .... hmmmm... Naw...its the jet lag! :rolleyes:

C&G... rude, crude, AND obnoxious.

Kelly shhhhhhhh, god help us if our cigars start getting PMS...

I would smoke it....you never know it might be pre-embargo twine, and if it is from The Island, you know what that means
Wink...Wink...Nudge...Nudge

Tim

Damn Cigahs, you are good!!

I did not smoke it yet. I tried to pull the string out but I could hear leaves crunching about 2/3 up the cigar, it is deep thru the smoke and feels like it is anchored firmly, it did not slide out at all. No big deal because the last one I smoked was not all that. Cool box tho :cool:
So what was it?