• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You never know what people are thinking - with pic!

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I went to the reading of the will of my cousin's wife's mother on Thursday. I wasn't going to go because it was on the Jersey coast (Freehold) and I couldn't imagine that I would be getting anything that couldn't be mailed to me. I'd only met the woman a half dozen times and been to her house once in the 30 years my cousin had been married.

But my cousin said I should go so I drove to their place and then rode with them the last 100 miles. We get to the lawyers office and this woman must have remembered everything because the one time I was in her house I mentioned how much I liked the grandfather clock - so I got her clock and arrangements to move it to my place - which is way more expensive than you would think. She also gave me a fridge because once I mentioned I'd like to have one in the basement and her husbands guns because I was the only person in the family that knew anything about them. I have to go shopping for a gun safe or a buyer now since target 22's aren't really my thing.

I can't thank Karen but I can at least let you people know what a kind and generous person she was.

The clock people just left. Not bad if I do say so myself.
full

Last edited:
You must have really left an impression. Good things happen to good people, I only know you from this forum but you seem like a pretty good dude to me.

Wow, that's truly remarkable.

I'm with Doc, the .22's would be good to keep around.

I wouldn't give up on the .22s. Someday recoil from center fire rifles may bother you or your MD will tell you to stop and you'll still want to shoot.

Doc
Among the stash I've got 3 Olympic grade rifles, one of which is the same model that won the 1960 Rome Olympics. Keeping one could be a possibility although I can't imagine not being able to handle the kiss from my 7.62x51

If any of them are Volquartsen accurized, you could have the prize on your hands... just sayin...

Wow, quite the surprise. You made a positive difference in her life, whether you realized it or not.

Added a pic in the first post.

That clock looks a lot like the one, my Mom has. We used to fight over, who would get to wind it up, as kids.

That is really sweet/ touching to know that she remembered that you liked it. Reminds me a bit of S-Town the podcast with that guy being a clock restorer/ maker.

I'm dealing with a recent death in the family, with no will, and uncovering weird unbanked assets like millions in Iraqi Dinar. I wouldn't be surprised if we stumbled upon a grandfather clock along the way.

That is really sweet/ touching to know that she remembered that you liked it. Reminds me a bit of S-Town the podcast with that guy being a clock restorer/ maker.

I'm dealing with a recent death in the family, with no will, and uncovering weird unbanked assets like millions in Iraqi Dinar. I wouldn't be surprised if we stumbled upon a grandfather clock along the way.
If it is pre-invasion you have something to start fires with, post invasion I think is 1200 Dinars to a dollar give or take so millions of Dinars would still be a few hundreds or thousands.

Last edited: