• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite cartoon

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
So I'm frequently up in the wee hours of the morning, and as some of you may know that's when the good old vintage cartoons come on. So it struck up the question. What's your favorite cartoon? The cartoons that have come out in the last couple of decades are weak in comparison to the classics like Popeye or Rocky and Bullwinkle. I remember watching reruns of the ThunderCats at midnight when I was a kid, loved and still love that cartoon, even though I now realize how terrible it really was.

Tennessee Tuxedo

Underdog

Hong Kong Phooey

I remember waking up at 6 am on Saturday mornings so I could watch cartoons. They'd be on all 5 channels and be on until noon. Hell, I don't even think the major networks carry cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore.

Oh yea, Inspector Gadget (didn't want to catch any crap from you for not saying that!)

Brings back great memories from the care free days of my youth.
I remember getting up early enough on Saturday mornings to eat breakfast & then catch the first cartoon of the morning, then... Outside to play!!
The shows they call cartoons now suck ass!! IMO

I agree with each of you on the cartoons listed here so far, some being among my top favs.
There was also Super Friends, the old Scooby Doo... They would also show School House Rock skits throughout, which I fully enjoyed...lol

Hong Kong Phooey = great reference.

Some of my fave were Hanna Barbera's Laff-a-lympics, Top Cat, The Jetsons and (the original, real) Tom and Jerry All time fave though were Looney Tunes!

No love for G.I. JOE or Transformer ? 

Man I used to love those as a kid. There was alos Felix the cat, the akward cartoons fasinated me as a kid. I'm sure I have plenty more in my head that I just cannot remember (I was a cartoon junkie when I was young).

Jonesy said:
Tennessee Tuxedo

Underdog

Hong Kong Phooey

I remember waking up at 6 am on Saturday mornings so I could watch cartoons. They'd be on all 5 channels and be on until noon. Hell, I don't even think the major networks carry cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore.

Oh yea, Inspector Gadget (didn't want to catch any crap from you for not saying that!)
I am right with you there. I remember seeing a mini cartoon about freezing o.j. into ice cube trays and covering with shrink rap, then poking tooth picks into each cube to make ice pops. Loved doing that!

Bugs Bunny tops the list for me followed by Tom & Jerry. As an adult, I've throughly enjoyed the Simpsons.

Bugs bunny toons probably still entertain me the most as they did when I was a kid.

But I also voltron, TMNT, and now the Simpsons

As a kid my favorites were GI Joe, Transformers, and Thundercats. When cartoon were on the UHF stations until 5 on week days. I did the early morning on Saturday as well. When I was in late middle school or high school I watched animaniacs.

What else?

185px-Deputy_dawg.jpg

Loved watching Robotech as a kid.  Popeye cartoons were great too, and I loved the Looney Tunes stuff w/Bug Bunny and his crew.

wkoti said:
Hong Kong Phooey was the sh*t, I've mentioned it to several friends and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Who doesn't know that? He was the number one super guy!
I loved it, but why did the only black super hero have to be a janitor? :D

I gotta go with Rocky & Bullwinkle and more recently the Critic. Pepe le Pew was the bee's knees too.

Transformers, TMNT.  I also really liked those old Disney Infomercial spoofs with Goofy.