• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Favorite Size of Cigar

MindRiot

Ok since cigar makers are creating all different kinds of cigar sizes and shapes what do you tend to go back to most when smoking? My favorite is always the punch punch size (corona gorda) 5 5/8 x 46. When I create a custom blend or do a joint venture with a cigar maker I always want this size lol. I guess so if they are not received well I can always smoke them myself.

Anyway you can only have 2 sizes of cigars from now on, what would they be?

Mine would be

Corona Gorda and I think maybe a Toro. I would say a Belicoso but sometimes the draw is to loose.

Oh and are lanceros and large ring gauge cigars just a fad? I cant seem to find a consistent lancero and the large cigars are just odd to me.

Seeing I don't seem to have the time to enjoy a larger cigar anymore, I tend to smoke a lot of Petite Coronas and robustos now.

I'm with you. Punch Punch size and probably robusto. I think the lancero's are here to stay. 56 Ring and up are just a fad, like figurado's were a few years ago. Yes, there are still a bunch of figs around today, but they don't sell like they used to. The same will happen with the fat sticks. Even Padron has joined the fray with their new 7000 size.
Mike

Size depends on the cigar and mood I'm in to be honest. Generally I just like a nice toro, but the lanceros are definitely a favorite.

I tend to like the short to medium smokes (5" - 6") and I like a bigger ring guage, in the 50 - 54 range. I usually stick with Toro, Robusto, Bellicoso.

Dave

Oh and are lanceros and large ring gauge cigars just a fad? I cant seem to find a consistent lancero and the large cigars are just odd to me.

I used to feel that way until I got into LfD DL Lancero's. If it's not a lancero I usually grab for a corona or corona gorda.

I usually grab a lancero or corona gorda at home and DPG Perla or Short Story for work. :thumbs:

Lanceros are definately my favorite. I like the fact that they're a longer smoke and the narrow ring guage allows the character of the wrapper leaf to stand out.

I like PC's and Corona's normally.
If I'm going to smoke a larger cigar, it will be a Lonsdale, Corona Gorda or Robusto (or lancero if I can find them).
I don't enjoy smoking larger ring gauge cigars (52+), they just don't feel right.

Free cigars are my favorite size. Thanks for asking :thumbs:

Belicosos/Torpedos

I like the way the taper allows some control over the draw. If the cigar is loose you can clip it closer to the tip and if the draw is too tight you can always clip a bit more to open it up.

Anything over 50 ring makes me look fat.

Doc.

lonsdales and Churchills seem to fit me very well and feel good in the hand

I smoke lots of PCs or smaller sizes but they're more of a welcome convenience and time-saver rather than a favorite size of mine

Not a lover of the smaller sizes. I prefer Double Coronas and most large gage, long cigars. They are not a "fad" to me.

Dan

Corona and Lancero's for me. I think both of these sizes let the wrapper stand out a little more compared to other sizes.

Generally Coronas and Petite Coronas for me. Robustos just don't feel right. uhhhh nevermind..... ???

It depends on the brand. I love VSG torpedos, but have not had a VSG illision that I really liked. But I have had plenty of LFD lanceros, of which I have enjoyed all. So, I guess it boils down to torpedos and lanceros.

Ken

A year ago, I would have said robustos and the larger the ring gauge, the better. Now that I've sampled around some more though, I find that the smaller smokes give a lot more flavor. 48 or less ring gauge is ideal, petite corona or lancero size.

I don't know enough of the history to say whether larger cigars are a fad or not, but they were with me. Just like how I sought out the darker cigars because they were stronger... ;) Silly newb...

---John Holmes...

I'll echo several posters in this thread and say the Corona Gorda and Robusto are probably my two favorite sizes.