• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Least Favorite Fuente?

I haven't tried all of the Fuente line, but of the ones I have, I disliked the regular Hemingway line the most. For whatever reason it just doesn't do it for me. Hemingway maduros, on the other hand, are an entirely different matter. :love:

x2 for me as well

The Hemi naturals are just not my style...

I smoked an 858 Claro that did absolutely nothing for me. A Spanish Lonsdale Claro was about the same.

The regular label 858 (yes, the one with the green on the band) is one of my favorite fishing/yardwork cigars. They always taste good and always burn just fine. I love 'em.

Although I like the 8-5-8 natural, I'm not a fan of the maduro...which is odd because I normally love maduros.

Curly heads blow.

Curly heads blow.

I bet Eric can remeber this but when we worked at the Tinderbox, we had a regular who would loved these. I asked him one day if he wanted an Opus (because we had them at the time) and he said he used to smoke Opus and padrons, but just started on curly heads and thought they were the best bang for the buck. :laugh:

Personally, I've never been a fan, but they aren't the worst short filler cigar I've ever had.

Some really surprising answers here.

I've heard bad things about the King B's as well, but mostly related to burn issues. I enjoyed my Hemingways but I haven't torched my Opus or Anejo yet (soon, though).

TampaSupremo

King Bs...I have like 10 left, cant wait till they are gone. Alos any other ones with mold.

I'm none to fond of the green labels or the regular Hemingway's, Don Carlos cigars don't do a lot for me either. I do appreciate an occasional opus X and an Anejo when they aren't moldy or gooping tar.

I find it refreshing to see that now a days you can say you don't like an Arturo Fuente product and not be accused of sacrilege. It seems that a few years back anything made by Fuente or Padron was considered the end all be all cigar and all others were crap. It seems that the addition to the market of Pepin Cigars among others may have changed the dynamic.

I bet Eric can remeber this but when we worked at the Tinderbox, we had a regular who would loved these. I asked him one day if he wanted an Opus (because we had them at the time) and he said he used to smoke Opus and padrons, but just started on curly heads and thought they were the best bang for the buck. :laugh:
I miss Max anyway, he's a real nice guy.

My least favorite Fuente? I dunno, Cynthia I guess...

I keed, I keed :rolleyes:

I always wondered why it was so easy to get the hemi naturals well below MSRP. I've never had a single hemi line cigar that wasn't great. That said, I've only had the signature and classic, both in natural and maduro. I bought an 858 natural from a wine store once that wasn't properly humidified. That was a bad fuente. The 858 maduros are pretty one dimensional in my experience, but I enjoy the single flavor profile, so while some might call it boring, I can't call it bad.

My least favorite is any Fuente I have to pay retail on :laugh: I'm a big fan of the Cuban Belicoso and used to smoke a lot of the Don Carlos line. Hemmingways are pretty good but a bit too mild for my liking. King B's can be a good cigar if aged and then smoked at a lower RH than what is considered normal. The best KB I ever smoked was dry boxed to 58% RH. Smoked like a dream.

King B by far one of my worst cigar smoking experiences of all time.

Opus X actually. They just do nothing for me. To me they taste bad and they make me sick to my stomach.

Yes, the recent batches of the Opus X have really slipped quality wise to what they used to be. Copper has become a core flavour somehow.

All of the Arturo Fuente with the thin green band at the bottom of the label. Haven't had one yet that I really liked.

EXACTLY!

PS...thanks Wurm for making this answer easier for me!...I couldn't put it in words until I read your reply :p