• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

YOUR SHOP

I have stopped going to the JR's in Paramus, NJ. They can't decide if the smokers sitting around their table are valued customers or just a nuisance. I let the manager know how I felt before I left. If they don't need customers(I had been buying about eight boxes of different stuff a year there) I don't need to be one.

I recently went to Stone Mountian, Georgia on business. I saw a cigar shop when I was walking out of a resturant. Kudos to The Cigar Emporium. Me and my traveling partner strolled in. They treated us like regulars. We spent a couple of hours there chatting. If you're ever there stop in and say hello. Nice bunch of guys. :D

rknicker said:
We have two shops. Both are overpriced. One is overpriced on everything, with a minimal selection, and even the Avo's are $10. The other is overpriced on everything, but just a little bit. The high end stuff is almost unbuyable though. And they have no idea what they're doing. I saw a box of anejo's covered in mold, they run dehumidifiers all the time, and you still see burst cigars throughout the place. Total disaster. I buy 99% of my stuff from the internet.
[snapback]166483[/snapback]​

Well come buy your cigars from me :) Iam not overpriced, and have a good selection for the space I have. Iam going to be putting a little smoke room in the shop soon...

come see me and you'll get a CP deal!!!

-matt

stewa070 said:

Homewood:

There are more shops in Birmingham, AL, but I've only been to Briary Cigars in Homewood. My favorite place to go. Skip, the owner knows his customers and they have a plush cigar smoking room. He also makes and sells his own Meerchaum pipes, and they are beautiful. Shop run out of an 1800s farmhouse. Prices are great, and the folks actually know how to suggest something a newbie might like, not what they're itchin' to sell. Great selection. and lots of antiques and artwork to look at too. Love this place

http://www.thebriary.com

[snapback]166488[/snapback]​

I miss Alabama! I lived in Trussville. :(

Eshaw99 said:
Well, I'm a pretty big fan of my local shop (Tinderbox in Chattanooga), but then again, I work there. :p
[snapback]166503[/snapback]​

You are damn right! that's my fav. shop! :thumbs: There's another shop in chattanooga that's alright, you just have to know your crap. They will rip you a new one on some things. There's a shop in Cleveland (Chattanooga is 20 minutes away and where I work) called William's. They are ran by two old guys who love me. They call me d*ckhead and laugh everytime they see me. I love that shop because of the guys. In knoxville there are some shops I recommend, but it's a hour away. :(

The closest shop to me, 33 miles, is named Beans & Briary. It has a good size walkin humidor with decent selection that is SLOWLY growing, a lot of Cohiba, Montecristo, Ashton and several brands. They sell coffe, non-alcoholic drinks and have a smoking lounge in back. The jacked up thing about the smoking lounge is that they want you to pay to use it, even if you just purchased $50 worth of sticks from them. They also have a "club" that holds bi-monthly events at one of the bars in the area, just not a member of it.

There are a lot of other shops within an hour & half from me in the Oklahoma City and surrounding towns. The best two that I have been in so far are the Tinder Box in downtown OKC and Drews Tobacco World near MidWest City. About the only time I get to enjoy a "just purchased" cigar is if I am traveling by myself since usually the wife and kids are with me and all I catch is grief.

Stag Tobacconist
3255 E. Platte Ave., Suite M
Colorado Springs, Colorado

ph (719) 633-0669
ph (800) 352-4775

The best shop in the springs also the biggest around! they get all the goodies
and have them in stock most of the time. Never a day without opus,vsg,pam

Anyone that comes to town must stop in.

Been to several in Atlanta, Miniapolis, Bloomington, Ft. Wayne, South Bend and many others over the years.

The best one by far was found in Northville, MI (outside detroit). That was back in the peak of the '90s though.

Found a new one out in the middle of a corn field in Indiana this year. Decent mid range selection and more selection than Ft. Wayne.

The closest shop to me is in Bloomington, IN about 30 minutes away. It is Briar and Burley. I think it is a chain.???

I only go in there to get old empty boxes and a very ocassional smoke. The guys in there do not even smoke cigars. So any answering of questions is non exsitent. I buy 99% of my cigars from Casillas in Sacramento.

I do not "hate" or "love" the closest shop. I "tolerate" it, and order elsewhere.

inflatus said:
The closest shop to me is in Bloomington, IN about 30 minutes away. It is Briar and Burley. I think it is a chain.???

I only go in there to get old empty boxes and a very ocassional smoke. The guys in there do not even smoke cigars. So any answering of questions is non exsitent. I buy 99% of my cigars from Casillas in Sacramento.

I do not "hate" or "love" the closest shop. I "tolerate" it, and order elsewhere.
[snapback]167962[/snapback]​

I get a catalog from them once a year. I visited that store when attending a wedding in Bloomington several years ago. Dad was in Bloomington for several weeks getting cancer treatments. I never did make it down your way.

"My" local shop is 72 miles east of me. It is a smaller place tucked away in the corner of a main road in Lincoln. When you walk in, you see four plush chairs and a large screen t.v. Standing inconspicuously in the corners of the room are two Punch figurines. You then walk past the counter and a holding area for various humidors. My only complaint is that they only have small humidors, no medium or larger ones to choose from. The walk in area is awesome-organized wonderfully by price and brand as best they can. The middle woodshop class made stand( :rolleyes: )is where all the cheapies are, which is where Randyb1 spends most of his time. :p The Opus Xs are tucked away on the floor by the cheapies, which most people overlook. It's a great mix of people there as well. I talked with one guy about a football game and cigars in general, while college pukes came in another day and were fighting over the flavored cigars. :rolleyes: :whistling: The clerks are very helpful and knowledgeable themselves. Though, they could use more of the female gender who offer to light your 'gars for you while you suddenly forget who you are what your name is......right Randy!. :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Closest local shop for me is 6 miles north on the Paiute Indian reservation. Small walk-in humi, geared to the tourists buying sticks for the golf course there. Not many great sticks, have picked up a number of Torano Tributes though. Great place if you like Don Diego Playboys and all types of Montes. Best part is that being on the reservation, taxes are non-exhistant.

Gregor